1.    #1  
    Has anyone else experienced this problem: if Textras is enabled, typing in any web-enabled application will reset the Treo. I verified it with Verichat, SMS, and Blazer. If I disable textras, the problem disappears. I emailed the Textras folks and am waiting a response.

What's weird is that it used to happen once in a while, but now it stays as a problem. I tried resetting, and reinstalling the app. No difference. But it's weird that it only happens in those apps.
    Doesn't happen to me with Textras. Did happen with TextPlus, but it's possible to exclude Blazer in prefs.
  3.    #3  
    Quick correction: the problem only happens when the first character you type is a space OR an use an emoticon in Verichat. Can someone else try it and see if they have the same problem?

Here's the sequence that causes the reset using Verichat:

Launch Textras
    Disable and re-enable using the checkbox
    Go to Verichat
    Open a chat with someone
    Before typing anything else, either (1) hit the space bar OR (2) click on E'icons and then click any of the faces.

Boom! Reset!

Here's the sequence that causes the reset using SMS:

Launch Textras
    Go to SMS
    Create a new message
    Before typing anything else, type a space.

Boom! Reset!

Here's the sequence that causes the reset using Blazer:

Launch Textras
    Go to Blazer
    Open a URL that requires entry (for example, Google to enter a search item)
    In the webpages text entry field, type a space character.

Boom! Reset!

Workaround (nice and simple):
    Make sure the first character you enter is NEITHER a space NOR an emoticon. In fact, you can type any character, backspace over it, and then enter a space or an emoticon with no problem!

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cosmicpatriot; 01/08/2004 at 10:51 AM.
    sms works ok
    have e same prob with blazer
    dont use verichat anymore so cannot verify
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for verifying. It's a shame that I emailed the vendor twice now, and I haven't heard back at least a confirmation of the problem. Oh well. I'll just use the workaround. The product (textras) is too good to give up!