Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    Uh no. The green under the antenna means data mode is on. On a CDMA phone data on means no calls.

The antenna being shown means wireless is on.

Turn your wireless mode off, see the antenna go bye bye.
    I think that bluetreo refers to the green LED located under the physical external antenna, and that you refer to the green arrows displayed under the small antenna icon at the top right of the screen...
    Originally posted by bluetreo
    Again, I turn wireless mode OFF so I can keep the Treo in my pocket without risking testicular cancer (or if I were a woman, ovarian cancer).
    Off Topic
    There is no reason to think that radiation from mobile phones is harmful in any way unless they are transmitting (talk time). Wireless mode on, data mode off, no transmission, has not been suggested as a health issue by researchers to my knowledge.
    Treo 600 (Cingular)
    T-Mobile SIM w/T-Zones
    Fireblade
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by euroclie

I think that bluetreo refers to the green LED located under the physical external antenna, and that you refer to the green arrows displayed under the small antenna icon at the top right of the screen...
    Thanks for clearing up that confusion Euroclie!

4.    #24  
    Originally posted by ralogan1@yahoo.

Off Topic
    There is no reason to think that radiation from mobile phones is harmful in any way unless they are transmitting (talk time). Wireless mode on, data mode off, no transmission, has not been suggested as a health issue by researchers to my knowledge.
    The New York University Medical Center requires that in their facilities all cell phones must be turned completely off and NOT be in a standby mode: "If a cellular phone is brought into critical care areas, it must be turned OFF and not in the standby mode. This is due to the fact that many of these devices transmit a polling signal to the network while in standby." [ http://www.med.nyu.edu/envservices/s...212cmph-03.pdf ]

You may feel safe with a device next to your testicles or ovaries transmitting microwave "polling signals"-- I don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12