1.    #1  
    I'm looking for some specific ringers. "Bell 6", and "Future" to be specific and was wondering where the best places were for tracking down Treo ringers.

My other question was are all cell phone ringers the same. Will they all work on any phone?

Thanks for your help.

Thordog
    I'm also looking for ringers for my T600. I'm after ringing sounds rather than music etc. Can audio be sampled into the trio to be used as ring sounds???
    AndrewG
    we are about to release Lightwav that will let you use wave, mp3/ogg sound file as ringtones.

check www.toysoft.ca for release date.
    Looking forward to its release!
    Originally posted by smiley88
    we are about to release Lightwav that will let you use wave, mp3/ogg sound file as ringtones.

check www.toysoft.ca for release date.
    Quit teasing us, when do you expect to release the software?
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I too don't like my phone to ring the latest Hip-Hop song when I get a call, and I didn't really like the default ring-tones that come on the 600, so I made my own.

You can use any MIDI making software (Cakewalk is what I use) and just create a nice simple professional ring-tone.

Note - IE has a hard time with these links, do a right click and "Save Target" to make it easier.
    Here is what I use for the "known caller" ring tone:
    Known Caller Ring Tone

Here is what I use for the "unknown caller" ring tone:
    Unknown Caller Ring Tone

Feel free to use these if you like them.

Just in case you are not sure how to install them, here are some quick directions (unless you have a ring tone manager).

WITH SD CARD:
    Use the Installer and transfer the .mid file to your SD card. Then go into the "card tool" utility (if you have a launcher program) and browse to the file. Click on it and select "open". This will prompt you to bring it into the sound manager and you can then select it.

WITHOUT SD CARD:
    If you don't have a SD card, grab a "Ram Drive" program from palmgear.com and install it. You will need to sync once or twice, then change the .MID extension on your midi file to .PDB. Double click it, then "CHange Destination" on your installer and move it to the Ram Drive (names of ram drives will vary). Sync, then go into your "card tool" and select the Ram Drive. Find the .PDB file and "rename" it to change the extension back to .MID. Click on it, and select "open". It will move it to the sound manager and you can then select them as Ring Tones.

Note* This works for any MIDI file you create, not just the two samples that I listed.

Hope this helps some!