Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hmm. Look at that. They updated from the Draft to v1.0 of the documentation. I hadn't even noticed. But there still is no header containing the Camera routines. Let us know if Palm says anything, stigrett.
    Originally posted by wireless-doc
    You could go this route: Veo camera

The only thing is that this really spoils the ability to grab a shot in an instant, plus no flash.
    that doesn't look like it would fit into the treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by wireless-doc
    You could go this route: Veo camera

The only thing is that this really spoils the ability to grab a shot in an instant, plus no flash.
    I believe somone tried this and it registered as "incompatable card" or something to that effect.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    that doesn't look like it would fit into the treo.
    Agreed: the camera size (on top of the part that fits in the SD slot) is too big and would certainly be conflicting with the Treo 600 antenna. And this wouldn't let you use the buttons on top of the devices (though this would be a minor problem compared to the antenna problem! )
    Originally posted by tgabber

Indeed... also tried loading the pre-compiled camerasample.prc and it caused a soft-reset...
    Same here.. Crash is MemoryMgr.c, Line 3635, NULL handle. (courtesy of ##377)
    Originally posted by stigrett
    It's documented in the Treo 600 developers guide @ pluggedin.palmone.com, starting on page 457. The header file, CameraLib.h, however, isn't included in the header files download. I've emailed devbugs@palmone.com & will update this thread when I get a reply.
    have you heard anything back yet?
    Originally posted by jwsh

have you heard anything back yet?
    Not a peep.
    Though... we have the signatures. Anyone wanna try to guess the trap numbers?
    I tried to code a small app using ImageLib.h both in CASL and HB++. No problems taking and managing pictures (ImageLibImageCapture, ImageLibImageSave, ImageLibDeleteImage and ImageLibSetImageInfo), but nothing to do with preview (ImageLibPreviewStart): all I managed to get is a noisy double sized preview area. Anyone had more chance?
    BigH, any tip? I've got you
    However I doubt it will fit, as the Memory Card on the t600 is right next to the antenna... Oh well...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by daguez
    but nothing to do with preview (ImageLibPreviewStart): all I managed to get is a noisy double sized preview area. Anyone had more chance?
    BigH, any tip? I've got you
    Start the preview with this:

ImageLibPreviewStart (
    refnum,
    FrmGetWindowHandle(FrmGetActiveForm()),
    0, 10);
    Hi BigH,

thanks for the tip, but this is what I was already doing... and the result is a noisy, negative and double-sized (maybe) preview. It works, in fact I can see the shadows of main objects and the movements, and when I point the cam at my notebook's bright screen the display becames black in that area while the rest is lighter. Maybe something to do with registers?
    Hi BigH,

thanks for the tip, but this is what I was already doing... and the result is a noisy, negative and double-sized (maybe) preview. It works, in fact I can see the shadows of main objects and the movements, and when I point the cam at my notebook's bright screen the display becames black in that area while the rest is lighter. Maybe something to do with registers?
    Have you set the screen resolution to 16 bit?
    How?

Should I use ImageLibPreviewBitmapCreate before ImageLibPreviewStart?

Now I'm using this sequence:

SysLibLoad
    ImageLibOpen
    ImageLibPreviewStart
    ImageLibPreviewStop
    ImageLibClose
    SysLibRemove

Thanks again.

daguez
    have to say The Camera Manufacturer sucks alot, with that Cam i can't even capture a txt page from a book in library( good liting comndition) not even for business low spec pupose like capture some info from the wihteboard. why not get rid off it or replace it with a radio tunner ? that will be more useful IMO.
    How?
    WinScreenMode.

Should I use ImageLibPreviewBitmapCreate before ImageLibPreviewStart?
    No. PreviewStart draws the preview directly to a window on its own. You only need to create a bitmap if you want to draw a preview, one at a time, to your own drawing surface.
    WinScreenMode
    BINGO!!!

Thank you sooooo much BigH !!!!!!!
    anyone have any luck tracking these down?

the sample camera application uses the calls, but they certainly aren't bundled with the SDKs on handspring's site.
    I have no Palm developing experience, but FWIW I whole heartedly support your efforts. I just wanted to post these words of encouragement.

I guess the next step would be to integrate audio capture as well to have full video/audio clips recordable with the Treo. [I'm sure I'm way outta line saying this, but it's a wish-list type thing.]
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    http://pluggedin.palmone.com/regac/p...n/auth/TreoDev

Click on "Treo 600 Headers", and then look in "Common -> Libraries -> Camera".

Thanks,
    Peter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast