Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Maybe, except I went with the "Free Super Saver" shipping option.
    Now I AM confused! I, too, am a new Sprint customer who did super saver shipping, and there are no other items in the order (that could be holding things up, I mean).
    I'm a new Sprint customer, and ordered the CDMA Treo from Amazon on Dec. 14. During the wait I changed my shipping to overnight shipping, fearful of the deadlines for rebates (they've since extended those deadlines.)

My Treo shipped on Jan. 13 and I received it yesterday afternoon, Jan. 14. I've charged it up and brought it to work. I'm going to finish setting it up today if I get some free time.

I'm guessing Amazon got a whole bunch of Treo's this week and began fulfilling orders, old and recent.
    This is Amazon's Super-Secret 800 number for customer support. It's nearly impossible to find these days. I haven't called it since last year but I'm hearing that it still works. 800-201-7575
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mine came today. Must be doing something right. Ordered 1-7, comes 1-15. It's getting a nice charge now and I'll activate it Friday.
    Originally posted by iMikeC
    This is Amazon's Super-Secret 800 number for customer support. It's nearly impossible to find these days. I haven't called it since last year but I'm hearing that it still works. 800-201-7575
    Thanks, iMike, I think I may have to give them a call. I appreciate your sharing!

mbabc, you must just live right! *sigh*
    I wish I could use the number..but I ordered my T600 yesterday so I'm not going to think about calling till next month (hehe).
    Originally posted by cwbaker

I gave up waiting on T-Mobile and ordered from Amazon on 12/23:

Shipping estimate: Jan 27, 2004 - Feb 11, 2004
    Delivery estimate: Jan 30, 2004 - Feb 20, 2004

Craig
    Today I called to ask why those who had ordered 2 weeks later than I did are receiving their phones. They gave me a free upgrade to one day shipping and now my order says:

Shipping estimate: Feb 13, 2004 - Feb 28, 2004
    Delivery estimate: Feb 16, 2004 - Mar 2, 2004 (More about estimates)

Thanks for the free shipping upgrade Amazon! My delivery date is now two weeks later!
    I got my phone today. Its charging now right by my desk.

I've noticed the expected delivery date on Amazon's site bears little resemblance to reality. My order still says its expected to ship sometime in Feb even though it came today, and on some Christmas gifts I ordered I got email saying they had been delayed after they'd arrived at my door.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Gotta' agree with 'pod13'. Here's what my Amazon accounts page states...

Shipment #1: Shipped on January 13, 2004
    Delivery estimate: Feb 16, 2004 - Mar 5, 2004
    1 package via Fedex Economy Delivery with tracking number 6478XXXXXXXXX.
    Originally posted by mbabc
    Gotta' agree with 'pod13'. Here's what my Amazon accounts page states...

Shipment #1: Shipped on January 13, 2004
    Delivery estimate: Feb 16, 2004 - Mar 5, 2004
    1 package via Fedex Economy Delivery with tracking number 6478XXXXXXXXX.
    Yeah, same here. I've had my phone since the 14th and my account still says estimated shipping date will be the 20th.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I know there have been threads about this, but I can't seem to find them. Amazon doesn't offer the Unlimited Night/Weekends with their $35 package Free and Clear package. (They offer 1000 minutes instead).

I thought, however, that I read posts where people have purchased from Amazon (with all the rebates), but actually signed up directly with Sprint to get the unlimited nights/weekends on that plan.

Can anyone out there confirm this?

TIA,
    Rich
    Just an update on my experience with Amazon:

I weenied out and emailed them instead of calling, but I don't think it would have mattered. There ain't no phone yet, and there ain't gonna be a phone for a little while yet. In response to my email, they sent back a somewhat condescending explanation of "how super saver shipping works." This wasn't the issue, since mbabc and I both chose the cheapie shipping method. In response to Amazon's question, "did this answer your question," I said no, and sent this message:

I'm sorry if my initial question was unclear, but it was
    this: why would it be that a customer who ordered the same cell
    phone with the same carrier (Sprint) as I did AND also selected
    Super Saver Shipping has already received his order when it was
    placed three days after mine? I understand that super saver
    shipping is slower, but I would have thought that within the group
    of backorders that had selected super saver, orders would be
    filled "first come, first served." Can you help me understand why
    this is not so?

Here is the response I just received:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

As there are many variables with this type of order, I would not be
    able to provide accurate information regarding your issue.

We provide delivery estimates for each order at the time the order
    is placed and try to adhere to those as best as possible. I would
    have no basis to compare one order with another.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for shopping with us
    at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

etc., etc.

Oh, well. They could have just SAID they chose some lucky super saver folks out of the Sorting Hat . . . .
    Originally posted by cwbaker

Today I called to ask why those who had ordered 2 weeks later than I did are receiving their phones. They gave me a free upgrade to one day shipping and now my order says:

Shipping estimate: Feb 13, 2004 - Feb 28, 2004
    Delivery estimate: Feb 16, 2004 - Mar 2, 2004 (More about estimates)

Thanks for the free shipping upgrade Amazon! My delivery date is now two weeks later!
    Update: Received my Treo 600 today! Hooray!
    And mine is enroute--I'm tracking the package obsessively, of course!

It'll either be here today or Monday . . .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12