1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where I can download a trial version of this without paying the 19.99 to AOL?

I want to see how fast I burn data and/or messages before I buy it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    For a free palm version look at aol.co.uk

AIM 1.0 is still there. Works fine with a few quirks on my treo 600
    Rob
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. That works nicely. I appreciate the lead. I assume this uses the GPRS data...any idea how much it uses? Is it based on per letter typed or per line entered? Or per minute on line?
  4.    #4  
    Hmm....It connects, and seems to be sending messages but my friends are not getting them. Is there something that has to be configured?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Mine works fine....not an issue. Didn't do anything specialll
    Rob
    Greetings:

I was worried about what version myself.

I've registered a lot of Palm software just over the past two weeks; but I didn't want to spend $20 on a version that wouldn't work.

Then I found out Chatter will allow me to use AIM without additional software; plus, MSN IM and Yahoo IM without additional software... all from one interface.

Tie in IMAP email set up like a Blackberry push.. and wham.. awesome application.

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
  7.    #7  
    AIM worked fine for 2 weeks...even using the old 1.0 version.

Then I got a crazy idea to demo Beyond Contacts and it caused my Palm to crash. After a hard reset, I had to uninstall Beyond Contacts....but AIM now crashes my Palm even by installing it....not necessarily from using it.

Has anyone had this problem?
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

I was worried about what version myself.

I've registered a lot of Palm software just over the past two weeks; but I didn't want to spend $20 on a version that wouldn't work.

Then I found out Chatter will allow me to use AIM without additional software; plus, MSN IM and Yahoo IM without additional software... all from one interface.

Tie in IMAP email set up like a Blackberry push.. and wham.. awesome application.

Thank you.
    How do you set up the IMAP/Blackberry push?
    I tried 1.0, couldn't even connect. (timeout)

I downloaded the VeriChat trial version and it works like a dream.

I'm using a Sprint device,and service, by the way, if that matters.
    I looked for AIM 1.0 and didnt see it on the site. Is it gone? If so, could someone post it or send it to me? Thanks a lot!
  11.    #11  
    more specifically:

http://www.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/
    that was quick! Thanks guys!
  14.    #14  
    Just beware of the endless looping crashes that it seems to inevitably cause on Treo's if you are sync-ing to your computer.

You end up having to uninstall it, resync...reinstall...etc. to get out of the loop.
    I just HotSynced and had no problem.