Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've got the scoop on zlauncher backgrounds, but I don't know what I'm doing with screenshots, so here goes nothing!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    hahahahahaha I'm giddy with success!!!!!
  3.    #3  
    got lots more; sorry i don't know how to make them bigger for this website.
    I have found that the best backgrounds are those that are very close to white or black (with very little contrast).

Here's one I made that works very well on the Treo, making it easy to view the icons, while still looking cool on the outside...

The trick is to open it up in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, and adding either white or black background layer, then changing the TRANSPARENCY value of the main layer, so that it fades into the background.

You can essentially do that with any photo/image, but best results are with images that have little contrast.

Cheers,

Alex
    .....how can i use this themes in the zlauncher?
    Themes and backgrounds are separate in ZLauncher.

A theme is a .PRC file.

A background is any JPG or BMP file which you put on your SD Card and add it as a Tab Background.
    .....do I have to put JPG or BMP files in the SD with a hot sync or with a multi card reader?
  8.    #8  
    I make them jpeg, hotsync as usual, and they show up in my pictures application. I transfer them to my card from within that application, and then they show up as icons on the screen, where I just tap and hold and the "backimage" option pops up.
    I agree with you Alex, the lower the contrast the better. I find it difficult to pick the right text color on the high contrast ones and some are unusable due to this.

-Rob
    I just noticed that Agendus actually has a cool feature which allows the user to adjust the brightness of the wallpaper, effectively allowing it to fade the image nicely into the background, without obstructing any text.
    ....sorry,but when I tap and hold I haven't any option to put the file as background, I use resco viewer....
    Here is one back image I use for ZL. Nostalgy of Handsring...
    ...I did it
    Im having a problem getting the background pics to appear. Can someone kindly give me detail instructions on how to do this?
    Mike
    1- Load zLauncher
    2- Sync a .JPG background to your SD Card
    3- On the Top right, click on the "All" Tab and change the view to "Card"
    4- Here you can browse through your card's files and directories.
    5- Find the file you are looking for, then click and hold the file.
    6- A menu will appear, click on "BackImage"
    7- Select the tab for it ("All" is the main all application tab)
    8- Click on "Card" up on top right and go back to "All", you should see your new background there.
    9- You can change and edit the current background in Menu option "Tab Properties"

hope that helped

Alex
    Originally posted by AlexMagoo
    1- Load zLauncher
    2- Sync a .JPG background to your SD Card
    3- On the Top right, click on the "All" Tab and change the view to "Card"
    4- Here you can browse through your card's files and directories.
    5- Find the file you are looking for, then click and hold the file.
    6- A menu will appear, click on "BackImage"
    7- Select the tab for it ("All" is the main all application tab)
    8- Click on "Card" up on top right and go back to "All", you should see your new background there.
    9- You can change and edit the current background in Menu option "Tab Properties"

hope that helped

Alex
    THANKS ALEX! That was very helpful!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No problem! All the help/support files seem to describe the old way of doing it (which no longer works)

Now if I could only figure out how to change the icons for certain apps which do not have a transparent background (and therefore look like crap in zlauncher)!

Alex
    When in the options of ZLauncher, my Treo is reseting at times. Also can't bringup Dir Asst anymore with getting a reset. I first thought this was related to TreoButler, but I guess it must be something else. Is ZLauncher pretty stable for you guys?
    Mike
    Originally posted by mbranscum
    When in the options of ZLauncher, my Treo is reseting at times. Also can't bringup Dir Asst anymore with getting a reset. I first thought this was related to TreoButler, but I guess it must be something else. Is ZLauncher pretty stable for you guys?
    Stable as a rock. This is about my 4th registered launcher, and definitely the best I've tried.
    Perfectly stable for me so far.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast