1.    #1  
    I did a search but could not find anything on this type of situation.

I have a broken picture that I CANNOT delete. When I try to delete it it resets the Treo. When I try to move it to the card, it resets the Treo. I have also tried to find it using the Filez program but can't locate it there.

In the Picture section it always shows up at the top with a crack through a empty frame and shows -240.

If anyone has a clue, please advise.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Can you change the name of it? I was wondering if -240 was an invalid name. Second, try moving it to the SD card with the camera program, then deleting it with windows. Indeed, if it lets you move it, move it to an empty card then format the card. Third, backup with a program like Backupbuddy (not to the SD card!), see if you can find it in the backup folder of your PC and delete, perform a hard reset, and restore.

That is what I would try unless someone had a better idea.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Preston
    Can you change the name of it? I was wondering if -240 was an invalid name. Second, try moving it to the SD card with the camera program, then deleting it with windows. Indeed, if it lets you move it, move it to an empty card then format the card. Third, backup with a program like Backupbuddy (not to the SD card!), see if you can find it in the backup folder of your PC and delete, perform a hard reset, and restore.

That is what I would try unless someone had a better idea.
    Thanks Preston. Those were all good ideas; I was able to rename the file, but it still would not delete. I tried to move it again but it still would not move.

I do have Backupman, but I've never tried to assess individual files. I've only used the program to restore when I lost my files once.

This all happened when I tried to make space on my Treo by moving the Lib front file to the card. Then I found this was all my pics so I moved the file back to the Treo, hence the corrupt file surfaces.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom

I have a broken picture that I CANNOT delete. When I try to delete it it resets the Treo. When I try to move it to the card, it resets the Treo. I have also tried to find it using the Filez program but can't locate it there.
    Copy all of the pictures in RAM that you want to keep to an SD card for safe keeping. Then use filez to completely nuke the databases in ram that are used to store pictures. Their names are ImageLib_mainDB and ImageLib_imageDB.

Once they are gone, run the camera app and see if you can take a picture and save it. This will recreate new databases. Then, copy over your saved images (or just leave them on the SD card, where they are safer anyway).

Also, depending on how you back up your data, you could do a hard reset and hotsync. This might restore your pictures. It might also restore the broken one!

H
  5.    #5  
    BigH,

YOU'RE THE MAN! I copied over the pics I wanted to keep to the SD card, deleted all the files from the Image section with Filez as instructed, took a new pic, checked and -- no more broken files.

THANKS!

i realize this is an old thread, but i have a similar problem. i have a picture that i can't delete. the error message that i get says that it may be corrupted or too large. i think it is too large. it is 1.3M. i don't have a memory card. i can't rename it or do anything to it. it actually doesn't even show up on my phone, there is just a big red X.
    what can i do?