1.    #1  
    For those who are using G2 on their Treo 600, did your screen protector comeswith a mask? I got mine yesterday and on the instruction sheet, it tells me to remove the mask with a piece of tape. I have been trying and trying, but nothing seems to be seperating from the screen protector. Is there really a mask on it?

The screen protector itself doesn't seem very clear on its own. I have 2 pieces of G2 and they both seem about the same. After failure to remove the mask, I decided to just put it on. If my screen is lighted, I cannot tell the G2 is on the screen. But when it is off, I can definitely tell there is a piece of plastic on top of the original screen. There is no edges showing, but the plastic itself does not seem to have consistant transparency all across. Is it possible there is really a mask on it that I have to remove??

The touchscreen is also not as sensitive as before even after I ran the touchscreen Pref tool again. The center of the screen is okay but the corners need to be tap a bit harder than before. I am guessing because the G2 curves upward on the edges, the corners are more away from the actual screen.
    Originally posted by Need
    For those who are using G2 on their Treo 600, did your screen protector comeswith a mask?
    Mine did. It was a pain to remove, as I recall. I don't recall the tape trick working either. (I think I wound up using the edge of a knife to lift the corner of the protector's protector).

Bill S
    Mine had one too. I forgot to take it off when I was originally putting on my protector...and once I got the protector on I thought that it looked horrible! Then I remembered about the mask. The process of putting on the protector with the mask the first time made taking it off easy! At one of the edges the mask was seperated from the protector a bit. I pried it off with my fingernail. Once the mask was off the protector was extremely clear.

I initially thought that the screen was a little less sensitive to the stylus with the protector on. But my husband couldn't tell the difference when he was using it. I'm just used to it now. But I've never had any issues like the edges of the screen being harder to use than the middle.

When my screen is off, it is still clear, but there is a funky pattern that seems to do with how hard the protector is pressing against the original screen. Looks kinda cool actually. But the screen is great when on.
  4.    #4  
    Ah thanks! I think mine still have the mask on. I will try again tonight when I get home. By the way, the paper cloth sent with the G2 doesn't really help much in removing the dusts. I ended up using the microfiber cloth for my sunglasses.
    Originally posted by Need
    Ah thanks! I think mine still have the mask on. I will try again tonight when I get home. By the way, the paper cloth sent with the G2 doesn't really help much in removing the dusts. I ended up using the microfiber cloth for my sunglasses.
    I found that canned air was a MUST! And once I got the first two corners of the protector applied and slid into place, I squirted some more air between the protector and screen to push out any particles that had snuck their way in!
  6.    #6  
    I finally removed the mask! And yes the G2 is nice and clear without the mask. Thanks for the can of air suggestion! I got the best result with it, but I still could not get all the particles out. It is still pretty good, I cannot see any of them with the screen on. And the touchscreen is much better without that piece of mask on. It is so nice.