1.    #1  
    Fingers crossed I am posting in the correct part of the forum . . . but I notice that none of my files that I have installed on my Card are 'backed-up' to my desktop folder when I do Hotsync . . . . whats the best way to do this?
    You need to make sure you're looking for the backup in the right place. On a PC it's program files>handspring>ds>backup. (If you upgraded from a 270 or 300 it was in a different place.)

Also, check the hotsync conduit for the system conduit setting. Right click on you hotsync manager icon and select custom, then go to the very bottom of the conduit list and see what system is set at. If it's set for "do nothing" then that's why. Set it to have "handheld override desktop" for at least this one time, and then set it back to whatever you want. I leave mine in "do-nothing" as the default and just use BackUpMan for restoring. Occasionally, I will hotsync the most current files over to backup folder.
  3.    #3  
    hmmm . . . I am still confused . . . .
    My Hotsync Conduit / Action are as follows : -

---
    ---
    Install = Enabled
    Install Service Templates = Enabled
    Install to Card = Enabled
    System = Handheld Overwrites Desktop

On my PC . . my 'Backup' Folder under my username has lots of applications in it but nothing I recognise from my card.

I also have a folder 'Palm\username\CardInst\Slot-SD' . . but it is empty! Is this where the card should be backed up to? Surely I shouldnt need to buy a 3rd party app to do this?
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    Fingers crossed I am posting in the correct part of the forum . . . but I notice that none of my files that I have installed on my Card are 'backed-up' to my desktop folder when I do Hotsync . . . . whats the best way to do this?
    I think what you're trying to say is, you want to backup apps that you've installed to your SD card? If that's the case, then Hotsync will not backup them up b/c it only backs up data on the internal RAM of the device. Secondly, various recommeded backup apps on this board like like Backupman etc, also only backup info in Ram. What you need is an utility to backup the SD card itself. For such a feature I use Bluesync which copies/syncs a backup of your SD card with every hotsync. Of course, there's always the "free" way where you just use a card reader and make a copy of the SD card to your desktop periodically...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

What you need is an utility to backup the SD card itself. For such a feature I use Bluesync which copies/syncs a backup of your SD card with every hotsync.
    Nice...thanks!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  6.    #6  
    Thansk for the help . . . . so I am not missing anything then . . it looks like Hotsync DOESNT backup my card . . . .

Bluesync is interesting but $20? Its a pity the 'Install' window doesnt work in reverse whereby stuff which is on the Palm or its card can be sent backwards to the PC.

I suppose since everything originates from my PC in the first place I should just be disciplined and keep a folder on my PC which mirrors whats on my card . . . . (just family jpgs . . no apps) . . but its a pity there isnt a automatic (and free!) way to do it.