Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Yup, you read the title correctly, I have managed to unlock my Orange branded treo600!

When I received it in mid December I was a little ticked that I could not use it as a phone here in Sweden (Orange does not have a network here) and that there were no unlocking service available. Since then I have been trying to figure out how to unlock it and now I have finally succeeded.

I am now using it on the COMVIQ gsm network and it works without any problems whatsoever.

Attached is a photo of the t6 connected to COMVIQ for the disbelievers.

And no - the photo is not photoshopped, no - I did not buy an unlock code from Orange and no - I did most definetely not receive a code from any of the gsmunlockscammers.com's out there.

At this time I dont have any other intentions with this post other then to let you guys know that it is in fact possible!

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The obvious reply is:

== How?
    don't just show off, show us how!!!!or your thread is no dfiferent from spam
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    The obvious reply is:

== How?
    It's actually quite easy:

1) Download PilRC v2.9 from here.

2) Then perform a ROM dump and enter debugger mode.

3) Then open up line €
    I hadn't realized that European fingers were so small. The on-screen dial pad "keys" are smaller than the actual qwerty keys. Just look at all that wasted screen real estate.
    In another one of his threads, touchdown points to a thread on a french discussion board where they apparently figured it out.

I tried the Google translator and, while helpful, still leaves a little to the imagination: crazy-long url

Bottom line seems to be he got lucky. The people on the board seem to be paying 76 Euros and waiting 6 months for their provider to unlock it. [That was a guestimate based on what I read. I could be wrong]
    Please Touchdown, can you post instructions on how you did exactly?
    my guess is that he created a ROM dump...then using the ROM dum, wrote an app that did a brute force attack using an emulator. When the emulator found a code that worked, he plugged it into his real Treo..and voila...
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

3) Then open up line €
    My Treo is already unlocked but I'm sure that other board members would be grateful for a more detailed how to. Thanks in advance.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    [i]
    Bottom line seems to be he got lucky. The people on the board seem to be paying 76 Euros and waiting 6 months for their provider to unlock it. [That was a guestimate based on what I read. I could be wrong] [/B]
    You are wrong. What they are saying is that if you call Orange and tell them that you live or work in an area where Orange has no signal and are very polite, Orange might unlock your phone. They also say that in any case at the worst it might cost 76 euros and take 6 months. At least some of the posters got it for free and some got money back and it took only a few days. At least that's the stuff about unlocking through Orange. Apparently as bad as Orange seems, they are better than ATT.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    The obvious reply is:

== How?
    By working 24/7 with this since I recevied my unit, I guess I will celebrate christmas twice next (this) year... and it helped that I dont give up all that easily once I make up my mind to get something done.

As for the specifics, I will keep that info to myself for now.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

3) Then open up line €
    Yup, thats it
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by scrinch
    I hadn't realized that European fingers were so small. The on-screen dial pad "keys" are smaller than the actual qwerty keys. Just look at all that wasted screen real estate.
    You can change between "wallpaper"/ Dial pad in the display preferences.
    Last edited by touchdown; 01/06/2004 at 03:55 PM.
    Originally posted by touchdown

As for the specifics, I will keep that info to myself for now.
    Sounds to me like 1 of 3 things:

You had to kick puppies to do it.

You had to murder nuns.

You're lying.

Until you prove that you are not lying, all we can take your post for is a hoax.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer

You're lying.

Until you prove that you are not lying, all we can take your post for is a hoax.
    You believe whatever you want, frankly I could not care less what you think.

I have yet not decided what I will do with this. The reasons I am not rushing to do things (like offering an unlock service) are several.

- Legal reasons. I have not yet read up everything on the legal issues (if any) involved with unlocking gsm phones. If someone have researched this more closely, let me know your findings.

- I have no interest in upsetting Handspring/palmOne. One could argue though that it would be mostly the network operators that would be upset, and not Handspring since the availability of an unlocking service should make more people buy their phones. Maybe that is the case.

- Time. This have allready taken up far too much of my time, and I am not sure I can justify this taking much more time from other things.

- I am waiting with anticipation to find out what those [rather strange, IMHO] people over at gsmlocker.com actually can or can not do.

Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Sounds to me like 1 of 3 things:

You had to kick puppies to do it.

You had to murder nuns.
    And KRamsauer, please do spare me the details of what is going on inside your sick mind.
    Originally posted by touchdown

And KRamsauer, please do spare me the details of what is going on inside your sick mind.
    Humor. Tis all. ;-)
    Hi, touchdown

Can you teach me(send me the unlocked rom) how to unlock the Treo600?

Coz I get my treo600 & can't use it for a month......

Many Thanks
    So the next obvious question.... Anyone think this will work on an ATT T6?
    hi. i own a Orange Treo 600 unlocked Work in Mexico..but i have a few questions.. can you dial to help service plan from your treo ( *###) in mexico dial * (number) for sevice, but i can't dian * from my treo but any dial number without * work fine
    Well done dude - you must be pleˆ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast