Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    >>Yup, you read the title correctly, I have managed to unlock my
    >> Orange branded treo600!

can you give us some tips, to free more treos.....Im not asking
    to be detailed....we need little help.....
    how did you copy rom?simply copy files or whole rom&how?
    where to look gsmlib&phone.prc or something else?
    did you use devicecustomizer or not?
    did you find code or you patched some files?
    give us some direction we are not all code masters.....
    Last edited by atari; 01/09/2004 at 03:56 AM.
  2. cvt
    Originally posted by touchdown

I have yet not decided what I will do with this. The reasons I am not rushing to do things (like offering an unlock service) are several.

- Legal reasons. I have not yet read up everything on the legal issues (if any) involved with unlocking gsm phones. If someone have researched this more closely, let me know your findings.

- I have no interest in upsetting Handspring/palmOne. One could argue though that it would be mostly the network operators that would be upset, and not Handspring since the availability of an unlocking service should make more people buy their phones. Maybe that is the case.

- Time. This have allready taken up far too much of my time, and I am not sure I can justify this taking much more time from other things.

- I am waiting with anticipation to find out what those [rather strange, IMHO] people over at gsmlocker.com actually can or can not do.
    Hi. Hopefully i can address some of your issues in an attempt to convince you to share your secrets..
    Legal: Providing information on how to unlock your phone is not illegal. You can even put disclaimers. As long as your country does not have a law against it, then you are fine
    Handspring: People who unlock their phones are a very small minority of the base and it doesn affect their sales
    Time: It would just be 2 mins to write the email. Grin.
    GSMLocker: They are a joke. We all know that.

Please can you release the secret sauce???? Or give some guidance to the existing thread??
    I agree with CVT, please give some directions to the cracks of this forum like Mol, Atari, Euroclie.

Regards,

Peter
    As far as I can see all the picture proves is that the phone has roamed to a network outside its original country.

When I travel in Spain I get a variety of different GSM network operators listed in the top left corner.
    Originally posted by Abu Alfie
    As far as I can see all the picture proves is that the phone has roamed to a network outside its original country.

When I travel in Spain I get a variety of different GSM network operators listed in the top left corner.
    I was thinking the same time when I first saw the picture. And then yesterday I stumbled across a way to make it display no matter what you want.

So yeah, the picture is definititely no proof at all.
    Originally posted by Mol

I was thinking the same time when I first saw the picture. And then yesterday I stumbled across a way to make it display no matter what you want.

That might be the answer!
    Originally posted by Mol

Indeed. Comviq is even a roaming partner of Orange in Sweden, so there is absolutely no need to explain the picture with an unlocked Treo 600. On the other hand, this also does not prove that the phone isn't unlocked - but still, it sounds more like a hoax to me.
    wat a shame!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12