1.    #1  
    Do I need to purchase a card reader to load MP3's onto the Treo when using a SD card? I've done a few searches, with no avail. Thanks!
    Originally posted by Indicator
    Do I need to purchase a card reader to load MP3's onto the Treo when using a SD card? I've done a few searches, with no avail. Thanks!
    I use CardExport, which allows your Treo to act as a card reader. I like it because I don't have to have an extra device on my desk. It's very convenient. You don't even have to remove the SD card from your Treo. Just connect your Treo cable, start CardReader on your Treo and press the connect button. Now your SD card looks like a removeable drive on your PC. Just drag and drop the files onto the removeable drive to copy them to the SD card. When you're done, press the disconnect button. Very handy...
    There's a few options here: First you coudl just use the Palm Install tool to load the mp3's. This is slow and laborious b/c of the error checking feature in hotsync. Second, is to use a card reader like you alluded to. And finally is to use a 3rd party solution as palmnerd mentioned. Card export from Card export is popular, but another option is Syncwizard. The former is better from my experience...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, both. I'll check out CardExport first.

edit: Looks like this only works with Windows. I'm on OS X. Not sure if the other app will work under OS X, though...Might have to get a card reader after all...
    Last edited by Indicator; 01/05/2004 at 04:50 PM.
    Unfortunately, CardExport isn't compatible with T600, according to the documentation on the site. Does anyone know whether SyncWizard will work?
    Originally posted by neill
    Unfortunately, CardExport isn't compatible with T600, according to the documentation on the site. Does anyone know whether SyncWizard will work?
    I've been using CardExport on my Treo 600 for over a month without problems. Also, if you go to the Softick website you find this quote:

2003-12-05 Card Export 1.12 was released

* Number of bugs were fixed
    * Improved communication speed ( up to 70% for writting)
    * Added support for Handspring Treo 600
    Not sure what site you went to, but the link above is the developer's site.
    Thank so much for pointing this out! I clicked the link posted by Gfunkmagic, and a different page came up, same developer.
    Last edited by neill; 01/05/2004 at 11:51 PM.
    I just got t he Sandisk SD card reader with USB2.0 cable for $15, connected it to my iMac (no power cord needed, it gets its power thru the USB port), and the SD card shows up as a removable disc on the desktop. Dragged 20 mp3 files onto the disk, and 30 seconds later had 20 new songs to listen to on my Treo!! I bought my SD card reader from ShopperWiz, along with a JAbra EarBoom Winder, and their standard delivery was very fast - two days. Unfortunately, you can't listen to mp3 thru the Jabra, so I will have to buy a second headset for listening to music, unless there are some that can do music and telephone both?

If you are planning to transfer alot of files to the SD card, you should spend the $15 to get the card reader, it is so much faster than transferring things thru the Hotsync cable.
    What brand of card did you get? My .mp3's are often corrupted when I attempt to paste more than two at a time on my SanDisk. Deleting on WindowsXP is another sure-fire way to corrupt the card.
    Last edited by neill; 01/08/2004 at 06:58 PM.
    Anyone tried either of those programs with Panther?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Originally posted by phandel
    Anyone tried either of those programs with Panther?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Try this...

http://www.osxfaq.com/Press/05-08-03/mis-05-08-03.ws
    Originally posted by dspires

Try this...

http://www.osxfaq.com/Press/05-08-03/mis-05-08-03.ws
    Perfect, thanks!!

Thanks,
    Peter