1.    #1  
    I don't know if this has been reported, but it appears that the rumors of a $250 special on Amazon after Christmas are true.

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

The offer appears to expire tomorrow (Jan 6, 2004).

~Tom
    Ehh so what. This rebate is as usual only for new new customers. As usual, consumer loyalty is punished with these cell phones.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this has been a continuously running promotion.

In any case, as stated before, this would only be for NEW customers signing into a TWO year contract. yuck.

Still.... $250 for a 600 is a nice headline.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that Amazon doesnt sell any accessories feor the 600? I have a gift certificate that is burning a hole in my pocket.
    Still not bad w/ a 1 year contract. You have no idea how tempted I am. As a T-Mo customers who's been waiting for the "official" release I'm *THIS* close to switching. Problem is that there is no such thing as "unlocked" PCS so I'm not about to tie myself to Sprint. In spite of GSM's lower data speeds, I'm willing to make the sacrifice if I can still shop for the best rates and keep my equipment.

HURRY UP T-MO!!!
    I ordered my phone with Amazon on December 14, waiting for a January 20 shipping date.

The rebate dates from at least early December, maybe even Thanksgiving.

Spring has part of the rebate for new customers (this is my first cell phone.) $150 off for two year contract, and $100 off for one year contract.

Amazon adds a $200 rebate on top of all of that. Sweet deal, but I understand why those of you already in contracts would be angry.

On the other hand, you have a phone now... and I don't! Still waiting...