1.    #1  
    I have experience writing code for PC (C++, VB6), but none for handhelds, although I would like to try.

Can you guys recommend a free tool / environment for PC to write code for Palm / Treo 600?

Thanks
    Dominique
    I downloaded prc-tools with Cygwin and Palm OS 5 SDK yesterday. I have not been able to configure the whole environment yet.
    Treo 600 GSM
    Originally posted by zgraff
    I downloaded prc-tools with Cygwin and Palm OS 5 SDK yesterday. I have not been able to configure the whole environment yet.
    That's what I used to write a basic program. I also tried to download the Treo simulator from Handspring but couldn't get it to work. So I used the generic Palm5 simulator (just couldn't test use of the 5-way). I also never got a debug environment up and running (because my program was so basic I'd just test it on the simulator and play around with the code until it worked).

Oh! You may need to install a more recent version of PilRC in order to get the 5-way to work easily. When I was playing around I had to download a beta version of 3.0. But it looks like 3.1 is now released. So make sure you get 3.1 of PilRC if you want to use the 5-way.
    (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=7404 if 3.1 is not available through the setup.exe for cygwin)
    I got the environment setup and played with the simulator too. Could not figure out how to work the D-pad from the keyboard so had to read the help . It all works now, the simulator is really cool. Now I just need to write my "Hello World" program .
    Treo 600 GSM
  5.    #5  
    Any tricks or tips?

Or was the installation smooth?

What language is this package for? Is that C?
    Dominique