Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just noticed today that the little black pad right under the antenna on my Sprint Treo 600 has apparently gone AWOL on me. I have no idea when or where this happened, and cannot find it around it's usual hang-outs. I am very disturbed at how easily this apparently fell off and got lost.

Does anyone know where I can get a new one? I guess this will be covered by the insurance through Sprint????

Here is a (crappy) picture of the offending hole. (just bellow the antenna)
    http://www.imagedump.com/pics/26836.jpg

By the way, what is this round port-looking-thing under the missing rubber pad? Anyone know? I take it that it is a bad thing to now have it exposed.....?
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    dont sweat it..

the cap is most likley covering the external arial connectior..

it shold not be a problem
  3.    #3  
    Cool, thanks. If that's all it is I'm gonna superglue that puppy on when i get it replaced!
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  4.    #4  
    Upon calling Sprint they told me to check a Radio Shack or the nearest Sprint Store. Somehow I doubt Radio Shack would stock minor silly parts like that, huh? I guess I'll try them first since radio shack is a block away and the Sprint Store is on the other side of town.

Just thought I'd keep you guys posted, because if mine fell off with the light use I give it, you heavy users are in for the same woes.
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  5. sda
    The last time I read about this (on a thread several weeks back), the person called customer support and they told him that they would replace the phone. The part is not available by itself. So...he got a new phone instead of a new "rubber thingy". I'm fairly certain it was also a sprint phone. I haven't heard of this happening on a GSM phone (yet).
    You have now! This morning I noticed BOTH plugs missing from below the antenna on my CIngular phone. And I keep it in its cases at all times.

When I hold the phone to make a call, my finger goes into the holes - very annoying. Can not live with it.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Mine's gone too. Where do we get a new one?
    Originally posted by JPut
    Mine's gone too. Where do we get a new one?
    Call handspring, and they'll ship you replacement plugs. I lost the larger of the 2 rubber plugs on my GSM Treo some weeks ago and they shipped me replacements.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  9.    #9  
    I called PalmOne at 1-888-565-9393 and they are shipping me one out free of charge (he said about 5 days).

Hope this helps you guys....
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  10.    #10  
    Well it's been nearly two weeks now and I haven't gotten anything from Handspring as promised. Anybody got any better ideas?

How long did it take you to get yours, aolumide???
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Originally posted by GADzilla
    Well it's been nearly two weeks now and I haven't gotten anything from Handspring as promised. Anybody got any better ideas?

How long did it take you to get yours, aolumide???
    GADzilla,

A little over 2 weeks! They must use "snail-mail" or something! And on top of that, HS sent me the wrong plug (The smaller of the 2 plugs underneath the antenna). I had to call and re-request a 2nd shipment for the correct plug. That took over 2 weeks as well!

So, I understand your pain.
    Glue them in. That's what I did when I searched my entire house to find them when I initially lost 'em. I just used a small spot of plastic cement with a toothpick and they haven't budged since. I figure if I ever need to get to them I can probably still pry it out.

Sorry its probably not much help with the lost ones.

GM
    I lost the smaller of the two plugs on my Treo during my first week of owning it. I was heartbroken. I covered the hole up with some black electrical tape. A couple weeks later I went into a Sprint PCS store and begged them to give me the plug off the demo unit. They were nice enough to do it. I'm sure it'll probably fall off again.
    I noticed about 3 days ago (beginning of the ultra cold snap) that the plugs were loose. Especially the one right below the antennae...

Look out!

Thinking I should order my replacements now, before the rush is on... How much did you pay?
    gamedev,

I paid nothing. HS sent the plug FOC.
  16.    #16  
    Yea, same here. They sent it out for free. Though I have still not gotten it yet. This is a pretty big defect with this phone. I have a feeling this will happen over and over. I guess I will try the tiny dab of glue like gerryoil suggested. (assuming I ever get the damn thing)
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    The big one below the antenna, with the brass nut countersunk in the back, below the antenna. I keep mine in my flip case 98% of the time. And I'm one who made jokes in the "I lost my nipples" thead

Thanks for the replacement info. I was thinking of a drop of silicon, instead of cement. Wouldn't that be less drastic?
    As I related in another post of reducing the slipperiness, I bought some dark blue gaffer tape and put pieces on the back and the sides. It doesn't add much bulk, so it doesn't interfere with using a case. It also prevents scratching when I'm charging it. You can also use a small piece to cover both rubber plugs. Before I did this, I lost the small plug fell out, but in luck I found it lying on the floor. I have a feeling that this will be a problem with all units.
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
    Lost the bigger rubber plug - exposes the circular port.

CSR knew about it, no hassles. 1-888-565-9393, option 2 after the long recordings

NOTE: The circular port is used for their troubleshooting devices so I would not advise putting glue on the plug - you would not want to get glue in the port or it may cuase hassles later.

Some rubber glue or whatever around the edge of the plus owuld likely be OK.
  20.    #20  
    Going on three weeks. I have NOT received my replacement.

Is this how they thank us for buying a 500+ dollar phone?!?!?!?
    Treo 700p on Sprint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast