1.    #1  
    You can now post video clips (.MOV) to your textamerica moblog, please let me know how you like our service. I hope this post is appropriate - i am just replying to the discussion post about this issue, thanks - Chris - textamerica

http://www.textamerica.com
    WONDERFUL! However, the Treo600 camera can't record video clips... Thus, it won't be too useful imo. Hopefully the upcoming software update will allow video clip recordings, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by pentakle
    You can now post video clips (.MOV) to your textamerica moblog, please let me know how you like our service. I hope this post is appropriate - i am just replying to the discussion post about this issue, thanks - Chris - textamerica

http://www.textamerica.com
    Voyeurs around the world with Sony Ericsson P900 must be rejoicing.

4.    #4  
    And i just got a Treo 600!

see http://america.textamerica.com/?r=281508

I had no idea it had no video. Is this a Palm product? Excuse my ignorance but i am meeting with the Palm people soon so i could push for video to be included here - someone please let me know - thanks!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    WONDERFUL! However, the Treo600 camera can't record video clips... Thus, it won't be too useful imo. Hopefully the upcoming software update will allow video clip recordings, but I wouldn't hold my breath...
    LOL, that feature would be nice on the Treo, tho I'm definately not holding my breath.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    And i just got a Treo 600!

see http://america.textamerica.com/?r=281508

I had no idea it had no video. Is this a Palm product? Excuse my ignorance but i am meeting with the Palm people soon so i could push for video to be included here - someone please let me know - thanks!
    Curious, what video format does textamerica support? If this was a possible, would a user just email a mpeg file or something to one's moblog similar to pics? Also in reverse, viewing the moblog video clips on the Treo600 wouldn't be possible b/c there are as yet no PalmOS media players that support mpeg/divx streaming video except for certain in certian proprietary formats like Kinoma or Fireviewer. (MMplayer is supposedly working on it, but who knows how long that will take) Thus, unless the moblog video clips are formated with Kinoma, you couldn't stream them anyway. Hopefully the the release of Websphere J2ME will solve this problem in the near future though...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    The camera that does the video is basically in there already - it's a small step and i love my Treo - i bet we can get this done in short order! Watch me
    Excuse my ignorance but i am meeting with the Palm people soon so i could push for video to be included here - someone
    please let me know - thanks!
    Pentakle, you've now peeked my interest!! So you're actually meeting with the PalmOne execs? Kewl! You wouldn't mind if you could relay some concerns and frustrations here would ya? For example, the lack of video recording is a good start, but what about the lack of voice recording as well? Also, could you please tell the PalmOne execs to get something done about the lack of BT SD cards for the Treo? LOL...maybe I opened a pandora's box here!

9.    #9  
    Yes i am - top of the food chain if you know what i mean - just email me your list and i will do my bext - email me at:

chris at textamerica.com

PS i am looking for some feedback on my new beta site for Treo users - email me and i will send it to you if that's ok - thanks!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Yes i am - top of the food chain if you know what i mean - just email me your list and i will do my bext - email me at:

chris at textamerica.com

PS i am looking for some feedback on my new beta site for Treo users - email me and i will send it to you if that's ok - thanks!
    why not post the url? we would all love to test the site. In your important meeting let those execs know how blind we are all becoming from holding a 50,000 megawatt lcd to our face.

Andy