1.    #1  
    Here's the link. So far I've been pretty impressed. It's a proxy based browser with Javascropt support and I've found it pretty good in rendering non-mobile formated sites. For example, cnn.com came up much faster than on blazer and with no horizontal scrolling etc. Another really cool feature is the ability to save web pages to card or as memos! Very cool! Anway, you can try the 30 day trial to check it out. So far, it seems to be a nice successor to the previous veriosn of Xiino and a nice alternative to blazer. Any thoughts?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but got excited when I saw this thread yesterday:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ght=Xiino.html
    Do you know if it's a free upgrade to registered users?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Not sure about the upgrade... But most of the weakness mentioned in the other thread are valid, but I think Xiino does make up for it in other areas. Like I mentioned above, rendering of non-mobile formated sites is very nice. Probably has something to do with the proxy. Quizotically, some treo-spcific mobile sites do not come out right, the spacing is a bit off. Also lack of 5-way nav support is a pain but I don't mind taking out my stylus once in a while. It definitely does seem faster than Blazer imo which is a big postive though. Overall, I think it may be a worthwhile upgrade to existing users. I haven't tried Webpro3 yet so I can't make a comparison in that regard. Perhaps some one else could chime in about that...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Thanks for Xiino 3.0 info. Unfortunately, I downloaded the trial, and entered my Reg. Code from version 1.09E, and it did not work. I hope they have an upgrade offer for previously registered users.

Also, how did you guys know that the new site is mobirus.com?

gfunkmagic, the only way I know of using WebPro 3 is via that cliesource link.
    The new Xiino is interestingly consistant -- other than running on OS 5, I'm having trouble seeing anything new in the 3.0 release. Nonetheless, it's good to have an alternative to Blazer.

I'm surprised how annoying the lack of 5-way support winds up being. I don't have any problem tapping the screen with my fingers or pulling out the stylus, but I guess I've gotten more used to the directional pad navigation thinger than I would have thought.

Playing with another browser on the Treo mostly highlights the fact that handheld browsers have a long way to go before they really hit their own stride. There is a significant difference in how Blazer & Xiino solve the small screen situation, for instance.

The one thing I would most like to see in a handheld browser is the option to download a specified image in a page. Browsing with no images is often faster, and it sucks when you have to wade through every image on a page in order to get to the one you know you want to see. (Opera provides this kind of functionality in their desktop browser, which leads me to believe it would be available in their handheld version as well. Ooooooh, I'd love to have a Palm OS version of Opera.)

Otherwise, Xiino seems very stable so far. It's always nice to get new software, even if it's just old software catching up.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Xiino is similar to WebPro in terms of the lack of nav-pad functionality and the need for a stylus. I feel like Xiino may be quicker, but may not format as well as WebPro. Those are my impressions after a quick test, so I don't feel 100% confident with my assesment.

I entered the proxy 68.28.31.1 (port 80) in Blazer, which was posted by someone else in the forum here, and have been getting decent speed with Blazer. I still feel like Blazer is the best because of the Nav-pad use.

It would be nice if palmOne could release a Treo 600 version of WebPro 3, since it is now a palmOne-branded device, technically speaking.
    what does the proxy do??