1.    #1  
    I have come to use my Treo 600 a lot. I have a Vaja Classic case to protect the unit. Does people use their Treo 600 without case? If so, what are your experience with respect to damage to the screen and elsewher on the unit?
    For the first month+ of ownership I just put my Treo in my pants pocket unprotected. I noticed about 10 days ago a couple of small scratches on my screen, so I ordered a case.

I ordered the Slipper case from EB Cases because it was the only one I could find that was a flip-top with a window for seeing the screen. I've had it for a couple of days now. It's a little bulkier in the pocket (I didn't get the belt clip). The workmanship is just so so and it doesn't seem to fit all that well. I may have to try a different case as I'm not all that happy with the EB Cases case.

Another option is to just get a screen protector to avoid scratches.

John
    Originally posted by pacpac
    I have come to use my Treo 600 a lot. I have a Vaja Classic case to protect the unit. Does people use their Treo 600 without case? If so, what are your experience with respect to damage to the screen and elsewher on the unit?
    Yes they does!

Here's a thread where this was discussed:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=caseless.html

I continue to use my phone caseless with my G2 screen protectors and e-grips and the phone still looks perfect.
    Some of you may be interested, I made a tight-fitting Treo 600 case by having a shoe repair shop sew the leather belt-clip from my old Sanyo phone onto the clip-less case that comes packed in the box with the Treo. Works great for running/sports. The Sprint stores sell a lot of "Sports Cases"; any of them will work - that have the leather-backed belt clip -- you can cut it off with a box knife.

And looks better for business attire, than PalmOne's 40 dollar case! I bought that one but returned it - rides way off the belt so the Treo bounces all over.

I posted a photo of it on a moblog:
    http://bellspage.textamerica.com/?r=279831

steve
    "palmtop enthusiast"

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10 (Windows CE)>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Palm V>Palm Vx >iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Kyocera 7135>Samsungi330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Treo 600
    Last edited by sbell22; 01/05/2004 at 11:56 AM.
    Originally posted by pacpac
    Here's what prompted me to finally get a case. If you can't tell from the pic...it's a picture of a cracked screen.

As careful as I am normally with the phone, there can always be the inevitable random mishap. And in this particular mishap, I had simply forgotten what else I had slipped in my coat pocket (a magnifying cube). As I got in my car, the corner of the cube must've been pressed onto the screen between the side of my leg, and the car seat. It seriously didn't feel like a significant amount of pressure...it wasn't like I was sitting *on* the T600...But the corner of the cube was just what it needed to focus the pressure onto one spot...crack. The phone wasn't in my pocket any more than 30 seconds.

Now, with a flip-style case...I'm pretty sure I won't have that problem again...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jello
    a field report on my custom case (per above). Saturday I had my kids out at the kid's park, and climbed to the top of a rather tall slide to make sure my 3 year old daughter was ok getting setup to go down the slide. As I was picking her up to lift her from the stairs to the slide (a good ten feet up, at the top of a tall ladder), the side of the slide pushed up on the case, lifting it off my belt (this is hard to do, as the clip really grabs it well - it's never come off before).

Anyway as I felt the Treo and case slip off I looked down as it sailed thru the air and hit hard on the asphalt below. It make a loud "crack" sound and hit so hard that my 256 MB SD card went shooting across the lot. A child said "something blue went shooting out of it". When I went back down I couldn't find the SD but a kid came walking back from 20' away ("it was in that bush").

The Treo 600 was undamaged - except for a scrape on the antenna plastic from the impact. Amazing! Gotta hand it to Treo for an excellent shock-absorbing case design. By all rights, my screen should have looked like the photo (cracked screen Treo) posted on these threads.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    Some newer dress pants (not cargo pants) actually have a separate pocket for cellphone. I have bought a black Dickies work pant from Target for 19.99 and the cellphone pocket works very well for my naked Treo. This way, it never commingles with keys, coins, etc.
    Originally posted by sparxus
    Some newer dress pants (not cargo pants) actually have a separate pocket for cellphone. I have bought a black Dickies work pant from Target for 19.99 and the cellphone pocket works very well for my naked Treo. This way, it never commingles with keys, coins, etc.
    Docker's makes what they call "mobile pants". They've been around at least a year or so and have lots of pockets designed specifically for your small electronic needs. And dockers look nice too.

Pain that they never make any women's slacks with decent pockets
    Pain that they never make any women's slacks with decent pockets
    I just figured the clothing designers just didn't want to ruin the look of the female's symmetrical curves.

myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    I use a Covertec horizontal leather case & I love it. It's subtle, comfortable and protects my Treo nicely. Look after your PDA/Phone, and it will look after you... Cheesy huh?
    I too have attached a belt loop to the case that came with the phone although that is becoming loose and I am afraid it might bounce out with no way of locking it in.

I am thinking about the covertec one which looks good in tan leather but my main concern is getting a case that I can attach the earpiece/headphones to and not stretch it.

What would be great is find one with acces to all ports and the camera lens was usable too.

Anyone know of one that does all of this?

r
    flipp has come up with a snap-in style case - hard plastic covered with thin leather (snap-in type) - this appeared yesterday on the thread below. I just ordered one online from Circuit City... it's $21 with free shipping.

Looks interesting, although it doesn't protect the Treo case as well as the standard case. Looks lighter thought, and may snap in & out easier. And it has a swivel clip.

Here's the thread link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...t=holster.html
    Last edited by sbell22; 01/06/2004 at 06:54 AM.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    What would be great is find one with acces to all ports and the camera lens was usable too.
    I have been using the Cell type case by Bellagio. It's worked great thus far and I have never scratched the screen or phone so far. You still have to flip the top up to take pictures which isnt a hassle at all. One case that has access to all ports, including the camera, with full protection (including plastic over the screen) is the case by Executive PDA. I ordered one last week and it should get here today. It seems to look a lot more protective than the covertec case.
    I found an excellent Treo 600 belt-clip case at Brookstone... details on this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...620#post309620
    steve bell