Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just saw today that BugMe is now up to version 4.4 This is great because it now successfully sets off alarms properly on the Treo 600!!

I love Diddlebug - it's a great app - but I couldn't get it to set off alarms properly, and based on my searches on these forums, neither could several other people.

BugMe is still listed on Palmgear as NOT compatible with the Treo 600, but if you download the latest version from the vendors web site ( http://www.electricpocket.com/bugme-palm/ ), it's now version 4.4, and if you look at the readme file, it's listed as compatible with the Treo 600.

I am happy to report that BugMe successfully sets off alarms on the Treo 600. Cool. That makes it worth the reg fee. Plus, I was able to move my favorite alarm sound, Arabesque, over to the system sounds side, so I can use it with BugMe.

I'm a happy camper.
    I've had 4.4 for a number of weeks now, but without using wavalarms have not been able to use any alarm sounds except those in the small BugMe prefs>alarm sound popup list. How did you get arabesque to appear in that list? Or is there some other way?

Also, FYI: if you use TreoNavSet, you'll be able to access the function buttons on the bottom, the arrows, as well as the "last app" icon at the top for nearly total one-handed access. (In note view, thumbnail view, etc.)

I got screen grab to take a screen shot one time by accident. I just cannot figure out how I did it.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/04/2004 at 11:47 AM.
  3.    #3  
    I used the "manage" function from an app called TC Ringer. It opens up a list on the left side with the Midi Ring Tones, and a list on the right side with System Midi Sounds. You can then use the app to copy, move, delete sounds from one list to the other.

Also, I too have been surprised at how addictive it becomes to use one handed NAV button operation of the Treo. However, the whole point of BugMe is to make a quick freehand stylus note to yourself, so I don't mind having the stylus out when using BugMe.
    I'll have a go at TC Ringer. Thanks for the tip.
    Arabesque, it appears, is listed as an internal ring tone. TC Ringer indicates I cannot copy or move a ringer from an internal database. How did you do it?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Arabesque, it appears, is listed as an internal ring tone. TC Ringer indicates I cannot copy or move a ringer from an internal database. How did you do it?
    Not sure why you're having a problem, but all I have to do is tap to select a MIDI Ring Tone in the left hand window, then tap on the "move" button along the bottom row, and the tone automatically gets moved over to the System MIDI Tones list on the right. Very simple. Hopefully you don't have some type of software that conflicts with this.
    Originally posted by thegasguru

Not sure why you're having a problem, but all I have to do is tap to select a MIDI Ring Tone in the left hand window, then tap on the "move" button along the bottom row, and the tone automatically gets moved over to the System MIDI Tones list on the right. Very simple. Hopefully you don't have some type of software that conflicts with this.
    Don't think there's a conflict. But I'm not certain. I've got three categories of sounds that TC Ringer shows:

Internal
    System Ring
    System MIDI

I can copy/move between "system MIDI Sounds" and "system Ring Tones," but I cannot copy/move from "Internal." I've got arabesque listed under "Internal" so it cannot be copied/moved. Just curious: is your arabesque under "Internal?" If so, you can copy it? Are you saying that you can copy/move between all three categories?

One other thing: I'm using a GSM 600.

Internal
    System Ring
    System MIDI

I just loaded my "old" copy of TC Ringer on my GSM 600, and I have:
    System Ring(tones)
    MiDI Ringtones
    System MIDI So(unds)

I was also able to copy Arabesque from the right hand midi to the left hand system, and it is now available in apps as an alarm.
    I used to be a BIG time BugMe user, in my Palm Pro/III/IIIx/V/Vx days, but when I started using converged devices, I drifted away. And now, with the 5-way nav, I <really> don't think I see the need - my goal is never use the stylus, and unless they've changed something, BugMe is totally stylus-dependent.
    So tell me what you guys are getting out of BugMe, presuming it's more than the same ol' same with the app.....
  10.    #10  
    One other thing: I'm using a GSM 600.
    I'm on Sprint with CDMA. I wonder if that's what the issue is?
    I suspect so.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I used to be a BIG time BugMe user, in my Palm Pro/III/IIIx/V/Vx days, but when I started using converged devices, I drifted away. And now, with the 5-way nav, I <really> don't think I see the need - my goal is never use the stylus, and unless they've changed something, BugMe is totally stylus-dependent.
    So tell me what you guys are getting out of BugMe, presuming it's more than the same ol' same with the app.....
    I agree...it doesn't take long with the 600 to never want to use the stylus again.

Still...I have one circumstance where BugMe is indispensible. When I'm engaged in a casual conversation and I want to take a quick note of something, it is STILL much quicker to whip out the stylus and hand-write a note to myself. I can edit it later, if I want.

But unless your thumbs are much more agile than mine, jotting down driving directions or somebody's email address is quickest in longhand. Not only that, but I have BugMe mapped to a hardware button, so I can open to it instantly. If I tried to copy an email address to it's proper place in the address book in the middle of a conversation, it would be WAY too geeky, and slow down the flow of the conversation too much. I'd have to open address book, open a "new" entry, type in the name, and THEN type in the email address. I can do most of that later, when my friends are not standing there waiting on me. IMO, it's better to just longhand it into BugMe, and deal with it more later if I want.
    try out Slap!

its pretty good as a replacement notetaker

I use it all the time
    Hello,
    I canīt find the download.
    Please post a string, where i can download the 4.4 version.

Thx a lot
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    Originally posted by mirror
    Hello,
    I canīt find the download.
    Please post a string, where i can download the 4.4 version.

Thx a lot
    This is the trial version 4.4

If you already have a reg code, you can most likely enter it and you're good to go.
    I have LauncherX installed and every time I get a BugMe alert and hit OK, it leaves a nasty graphic corruption on my Home screen (the bottom half of the screen). Problem goes away when I go into any application or hit refresh.

Anyone else getting this problem?
    Originally posted by TR30
    I have LauncherX installed and every time I get a BugMe alert and hit OK, it leaves a nasty graphic corruption on my Home screen (the bottom half of the screen). Problem goes away when I go into any application or hit refresh.

I have LX, too. Not getting that. You may want to contact Support. They've been good about responses lately.

(Mine is a GSM T600)

Me too. And the alarm doesn't seem to work properly with keyguard enabled. I get an initial alarm, waking up the T600, but it never goes to sleep again, and never makes a peep again, after that. It does toggle the keyboard backlight on periodically though. I don't need an alarm that keeps the backlight on forever. I'm sure that's not their intent.

It's not locked up or anything, but I gotta dismiss keyguard first (as expected), and THEN I get another alarm sound (and the munched graphic at the bottom of the screen).

As long as this thread is already somewhat schizophrenic, I took a look at TCRinger, and it's very cool, but I realized I have become more "dependent" on the picture (ID) than than I have the ring sound . I use a few special rings, but only a few, and I already have 28 pictures, eating up the favorites space. I wish TCRinger managed pictures too...

(And yes, I did notice TCRinger's name )

Bill S

Yep. I've always used the standard launcher and that happens to me when I am in several different programs. Also, BugMe causes a reset whenever I'm surfing in Blazer, and an alarm goes off.
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Sprint Treo 600
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast