1.    #1  
    Need help. When I go to a web site that has jpegs or mp3's, I can't view or listen when I "click the link". I get a message saying, "the file you have requested is in a format that is not currently supported. You will need to install an application which can read this file type if you would like to load it."

It never suggests what application will do the trick.
    Any suggestions?
    Tonalizer
    Get Ptunes for mp3's. You should have gotten this already when you registered with Handspring. There are numerous image viewer like Resco View. AcidImage, myAlbum, etc. They all have their +/- but IMO Resco is the best overall. There are also some freewre options like JpegView that are available...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I got Ptunes. Plays well at shoutcast.com. But when I try to play mp3's from my website, it still gives me the message. I'll try that other jpeg application, and thanks. For example, if I try to grab an mp3 file from "my documents", it won't play the file. Says it's not supported.
    Tonalizer
    OH! You really do a great service on this message board...you're all over it!
    Thanks! Unfortunately you can't "stream" mp3's from a website if that's what your trying to do. Ptunes only allows you to listen to audio files stored on the SD card. However, you may be able to download the mp3 to the SD card and then play it via Ptunes. I personally have never tried this though. You probably will need some type of app like Recieveit to allow the Treo to accept the app. Perhaps VFSftp would work also? Anyway good luck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    you should be able to d/l jpgs natively from blazer to your treo without any additional software... the "pictures" app is registered as the jpg handler, at least on the sprint treo 600. maybe there's a size limit for that. anyway, i have had success using media manager (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/6675) to allow downloading of mp3 straight to the SD card, where they can be played by ptunes. works great, but it's not free.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. Works great. Would love to stream mp3s, though.