Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    When I'm out of town I like to periodically call my house and check my messages on my home answering machine. Well, this is the first time I've been out of town with my GSM Treo 600 and I tried to check my messages. To do so I press the # key followed by a 2-digit number. My answering machine did nothing! I tried repeatedly from my Treo and nothing! I finally grabbed my husband's cell phone (my old Nokia 6590i) and it worked great! We're both on the same network so that's not the issue. Any ideas why my Treo isn't sending the # key correctly???
  2. #2  
    I just ran into this issue (my answering machine listens for *) and what I discovered was that if I started to dial *## from the hard keys, the Treo hangs up the call and starts to dial another number.

    Try dialing the ### from the soft keys (the screen) and see what that does for you - it worked for me.
    yep.
  3. Danitaz's Avatar
    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #3  
    I have a problem with one of my telephone banking sites - it keeps telling me the account number I've entered is incorrect - and it doesn't matter if it's the hard keys or the screen keys. I have to use a different phone to check that account.

    Danita
  4. #4  
    did you notify TPTB about this problem?
  5. #5  
    The Treo 600 has to generate DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency) tones when you push the telephone keypad's "number" key. They were designed and carefully specified by Bell Labs' back in the "Bell System" days. They were intended for analog implementation, but many cell phones/PDA's are synthesizing these tones digitally nowadays - sometimes not very well.

    Given all of the Treo 600's other problems in the telephone dept. - with incoming/outgoing audio quality, etc. - I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do a poor job with the DTMF tone generation. You see it a lot in the cheaper cell phones. But you would think a higher high-end phone/pda like the T600 would get it right.

    Jury still out on this one!

    You might try this DTMF synthesis software - it may help
    (provides more complete control of the synthesized tones,
    than Treo's built-in functionality):

    "DTMF DA 2.5" (trial available on www.palmgear.com)

    steve
    "palmtop enthusiast"

    Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10 (Windows CE)>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Palm V>Palm Vx >iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Kyocera 7135>Samsungi330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Treo 600
    Last edited by sbell22; 01/05/2004 at 12:09 PM.
  6. #6  
    Just out of curiosity have any of you tried dialing the # from the screen keypad instead of the keyboard?
  7. #7  
    Try this third party soft > TakePhone.
    It completly allows you to enter and dial "pauses" in a sequence of numbers. To call a vocal server or answering machine it is the top and the only one because unfortunatly Handspring "forgot" to allow users to enter pauses in the phonebook.
    Regards
  8. #8  
    I can enter pauses with commas. What's the problem?
  9. #9  
    I can enter pauses with commas. What's the problem?

    - You can not dial pauses from the built-in address-book.
    - You can dial them only from a "favorites" entry.

    See that >>>
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=11855


    Regards
  10. #10  
    I have had the tones fail to register for Cingular voicemail checking, but only when using the speakerphone with background noise. If I turn off the speakerphone it works immediately.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by derek985
    Just out of curiosity have any of you tried dialing the # from the screen keypad instead of the keyboard?
    I've tried from the normal keyboard, the onscreen keypad, and by using extra digits. All behave the same.

    This doesn't have anything to do with pauses (as kaduk started talking about).

    I'll take a look at the DTMF Generator when I get home. Has anyone had any luck with that on a Treo?

    Thanks for all the responses!

    Maybe I'll just need to get a new answering machine that recoginzes the tone my Treo does send out!
  12. #12  
    I have a similar problem to the one described in this thread. In my case I dial my credit card company and am connected. I can hear an automated voice on the other end of the line. But the T600 doesn't show me as connected. It shows me as still "dialing." While it still shows me as "dialing", my key presses apparently generate no sounds on the other end of the line bedcause I cannot navigate the credit card's phone system using the number keys.

    I wait and I wait. Finally because I have waited too long, the automated machine sends me through to an operator. Just when the operator comes on the phone, the T600 finally shows me as "connected" and now the numerical pad makes sounds again, alas too late.

    Anyone else having the same problem or know a way around this?

    Also, how do you type in pauses in the T600? Commas don't seem to be recognized.
    Last edited by rosenft; 01/04/2004 at 12:42 PM.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by zamiv
    I have had the tones fail to register for Cingular voicemail checking, but only when using the speakerphone with background noise. If I turn off the speakerphone it works immediately.
    Same here and its really annoying!
    I have my password stored and set to automatically send when I call Cingular voicemail and half the time while on speaker phone it doesn't work! I end up having to hang up and call back.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  14. #14  
    Dears, the "pauses" are NOT recognize in the internal adressbook of the Treo: thanks Handspring who forgot a usefull feature found even on the cheapiest phone. You can insert "p" or"comma" in the favorites, but it's all !!!
    To do so you can (I did and am very happy) use TakePhone which allow you to insert "p" in a sequence of numbers in order to call vocal servers or answering machine AUTOMATICLY.

    Try this >
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=11855

    Then this >
    http://www.shsh.com

    Thanks for guys who create to make Treo easier.


    Happy new year
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by catbert00
    When I'm out of town I like to periodically call my house and check my messages on my home answering machine. Well, this is the first time I've been out of town with my GSM Treo 600 and I tried to check my messages. To do so I press the # key followed by a 2-digit number. My answering machine did nothing! I tried repeatedly from my Treo and nothing! I finally grabbed my husband's cell phone (my old Nokia 6590i) and it worked great! We're both on the same network so that's not the issue. Any ideas why my Treo isn't sending the # key correctly???
    I have a Sprint Treo 600 and use the "#" key at the end of a phone number (bank account) programmed in Favorites and it works fine. Do you have the "Enable short DTMF tones" box checked under the phone app>Options>Phone Preferences?

    Not sure if that matters but something to try.
  16. #16  
    Please read well and twice my quote.

    The pauses or any other caracter is possible in the FAVORITES........

    but NOT in the internal adressbook.

    Or if you need more than 50 favorite (it's my case) you are sad not to be able to enter pauses into the others phone numbers of your adressbook..... is'nt it ?????

    Thanks to Takephone to allow you to do so.....
    IN THE ENTIRE ADRESSBOOK AND FOR EACH CONTACT YOU NEED.


    Happy new year
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by newtreouser


    I have a Sprint Treo 600 and use the "#" key at the end of a phone number (bank account) programmed in Favorites and it works fine. Do you have the "Enable short DTMF tones" box checked under the phone app>Options>Phone Preferences?

    Not sure if that matters but something to try.
    Unfortunately, I think the "Enable Short DTMF tones" is only an option on the Sprint phones.

Posting Permissions