1.    #1  
    Well, I decided there were too many eccentricities with the Treo to be something that I want to use all the time. I also got a new HP iPAQ h5555, the one with WiFi and Bluetooth, so screw the Treo, I have a top of the line PDA. Went to T-Mobile and got the Sony-Ericcson T610 so I can do intarweb through Bluetooth (and a bluetooth headset).

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll pop in ocassionally to see if they ever release a Treo 900 with WiFi/Bluetooth or whatever.
    You need to update your sig.
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
  3.    #3  
    Indeed I do. :P
    As they say, more power unto you, entrusting communication to a dead technology - Bluetooth. I tried going that way and gave up (iPAQ 2215 and Nokia 3650). There is no compatibility between BT implementation of different vendors. You will probably have to buy third-party software to make it work - pulling up numbers from your pda to dial on phone.

The whole idea of Treo is convergence, the reason I'm going back to Treo is not to carry two devices. But your usage patterns may justify your move - good luck!
    Well, I decided there were too many eccentricities with the Treo to be something that I want to use all the time. I also got a new HP iPAQ h5555, the one with WiFi and Bluetooth, so screw the Treo, I have a top of the line PDA. Went to T-Mobile and got the Sony-Ericcson T610 so I can do intarweb through Bluetooth (and a bluetooth headset).
    Ahhh, one of the great things about america. So many different things for so many different people.

Glad to hear that you found what works for you.
    You will have fun with the T610 specially if you have a Mac with built in Bluetooth. You can even synch your Entourage with it using Salling software. That phone is so loaded with features at less than a $100 price! (Got mine for $50). I went that route from a T270 and figured I woud use it as my phone and the T270 for my PDA.

Lasted two weeks with that set up and jumped back to a convergent device. I will stay with my Treo 600 until the Treo 700 comes out. As I found out, I don't think I would go back to separate PDA and Phone ever again..

More power to you. You didn't go wrong with the T610. Too bad it doesn't play music
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by prowler
    As they say, more power unto you, entrusting communication to a dead technology - Bluetooth. I tried going that way and gave up (iPAQ 2215 and Nokia 3650). There is no compatibility between BT implementation of different vendors. You will probably have to buy third-party software to make it work - pulling up numbers from your pda to dial on phone.

The whole idea of Treo is convergence, the reason I'm going back to Treo is not to carry two devices. But your usage patterns may justify your move - good luck!
    It works perfectly. Havent had a single problem yet. Dials out with my iPAQ and my laptop and computer perfectly. Bluetooth headset works just fine (better than I had hoped actually..)

Treo Rat: My iPod plays music just fine