Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I upgraded my Treo Butler from version 0.96 to 0.98. Now with KLaunch activated when a press any key (without keeping the key pressed down longer) it takes me to the phone application. If that key happens to be a shortcut that I go to the specific application. This happens not only when I keep the key held down longer than usual but even when I just press it normally. Would you please bring back the delay setting you had in the 0.96 version. Thanks!
  2.    #82  
    Originally posted by All_Forums
    I upgraded my Treo Butler from version 0.96 to 0.98. Now with KLaunch activated when a press any key (without keeping the key pressed down longer) it takes me to the phone application. If that key happens to be a shortcut that I go to the specific application. This happens not only when I keep the key held down longer than usual but even when I just press it normally. Would you please bring back the delay setting you had in the 0.96 version. Thanks!
    The same delay routine is there in 0.98 - I'm not getting this behaviour.

You can change the number of repeats to ignore to get a longer delay.

I suspect that some other app has changed your keyboard repeat delay...

Edit - Nope definitely a bug!
    I think the problem is the counter for number of repeats - it's not resetting properly when you re-press the same key again. Afraid it'll be a couple of days before I get to fix it - in the meantime - setting a longer delay and using keyCaps600 is a fairly good workaround.

2nd Edit - Fixed in 0.985 - available at palmgear
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/15/2004 at 09:17 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I have the same behavior as All_Forums. I was creating an SMS and poof - off to the dialer. I set the delay to 2, so unless I have a word with double letters I'm ok. I just have to remember to pause between double letters if I want to continue what I was doing and not get zapped somewhere else.
    Confuse. i finaly got TAM to work like it use to, other then the LED being red till the first TAM alert, but I still don't know if that was someing that PDAapps did, or a fluke.

Anyway, If these two apps ever become compadable, I'll get TB, untill then, I need notifiaction of SMS and Email as well.

Excellent work and you have made many a T600 owner happy, you can't please everyone ya know, but you sure are trying. Keeo the good, hard work up.

Are you at least enjoying the programing side of this and getting into the Treo600?

Thanks for your responces, Matt
    What's the status on getting the LED to indicate there's SMS?
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    I think the second file is the preferences file. I have no idea why it remains locked (any developers give me a clue?). As far as I know, once you disable TB - nothing else is different to before you installed TB.
    Didn't check to investigate this issue yet (I've removed TB from my Treo since it's not yet working with the VM on my network), but it seems to me that the locked file could be the .a68k associated with any non-native-ARM program (i.e. every program on OS5). Those files can't be deleted as long as the associated application is present in RAM, so this may be what people are referring to...
    The new alarm function on TB is awesome! The only thing that would make it even better at this point is if the alarm could be set for weekdays rather than just every day, or maybe a second alarm. Gosh I'm getting greedy now!
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    Hi Folks,

Things I'd like to know
    1) does it work for you
    2) GSM or CDMA
    3) Network
    4) Do you normally get an envelope indicating voicemail in the top left of your phone app
    5) anything else - e.g. other events that will reset the Voicemail warning

Enjoy!
    I installed 0.98 tonight and tried it.

1) Yes
    2) GSM
    3) AT&T wireless (USA)
    4) Yes, but it's a "tape recorder" icon just left of the signal stregth bar icon
    5) I will let you know.

-- Kevin
    "If looks could kill, each and every cheap thrill could be a homicide."
    - from the song "2001" by Melissa Etheridge
    Confused,

Just registered at Palm Gear. Thanks for putting this together. One request, though.

Can you add a flashing red or an orange LED option to indicate voicemail? The LED on my sprint phone flashes green to indicate connection, and is solid red when charging. Something different would be nice to indicate a voicemail.

Thanks,
    sooks
    BC
    Originally posted by sooks
    Confused,

Just registered at Palm Gear. Thanks for putting this together. One request, though.

Can you add a flashing red or an orange LED option to indicate voicemail? The LED on my sprint phone flashes green to indicate connection, and is solid red when charging. Something different would be nice to indicate a voicemail.

Thanks,
    sooks
    PDAPPS has promised to add LED functionality to their TreoAlertMgr product in the near future. We want LED alerting for more than just voicemail. We need it for email and SMS messages too.
    Originally posted by sooks
    Confused,

Thanks,
    sooks
    Did you enable the LED in the settings? Mine flashes even when charging if there's voicemail. That's one of the major features of Treo 600 Butler.
    glad to see the app doing with with GSM f/w 2.08
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345