Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by stynos
    for me the ultimate "Led-app" would be this:

Use the led in different ways. I would like the led to be off at all times except when:
    - There is no signal
    - I have new messages
    - I have missed calls

When one of the above events occur, diferent colors and different blinking speeds could tell me which kind of alert I have.

This way, when I come out of a meeting, I can immediately see if I have messages. My voicemail doesn't use an envelope, as I'm on KPN network in the Netherlands. They just send me an SMS when I have new VM.

Is this possible?
    I second this. In Australia, voicemail is notified using an SMS from a particular number (which is carrier dependant). It would be good to be able to match on the sender of an SMS and set the voicemail waiting indication based on that match.
  2.    #62  
    Hi Folks,

here is my latest update.

Just slight tidying up re LED functionality - there shouldn't be any nags once you've registered.

As far as I can tell it works for

Orange UK
    Sprint CDMA
    Sprint PCS
    - Please let me know of other working networks

There is a slight fix on the LED state when you have solid red turned on - It should properly go back to LED disabled state if chosen.

Less relevantly for this thread - there is an alarm clock which (fingers crossed) should work despite all the hurdles the treo600 throws at it!

[edit - version that doesn't nag all the time]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/10/2004 at 03:47 PM.
    FYI: Version number is unchanged in the app.

FOLLOWUP:

Doh! Never mind. Forgot to sync and load the new one!
    Last edited by emair; 01/10/2004 at 04:27 PM.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    *Total Edit*

Turns out my crash was most likely due to TC-Ringer which causes the endless loop upon reset. Hope they get it fixed. Hope their developers are half as efficient and caring as confusedvorlon!
    Last edited by Alli; 01/12/2004 at 05:03 PM.
    Do you have to have the Reg version to delete it correctly? On most apps that reset when enabling, do the same when disabled. TreoButler doesn't (at least on my Treo600).

Anyway, it toltaly jacks with PDAapps TreoAlrtMgr, and when I turn off TreoButler, it still does. I assume it uses the same hooks as TreoAlrtMgr and that is why TreoAlrtMgr is not working. So I tried to delelte it and I can delete the core app, but not the TreoButler_ROBJ_.

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks
    From what I saw if the TreoButler App, it looks pretty neat, there was a lot of thought put into it. It just doesn't seem to work well with the TAM on my Treo. Perhaps I'll try it again at a later date if there have been some revisions? I have to have the alerts for email and SMS too, TB on does VM and TAM can't alert me of the toher two now.

I may just do a hard reset and hope that I can recover my last settings with a HotSync?

Keep up the good work and is there a true disaable on the Reg version,
    Reagrds..
  7.    #67  
    Originally posted by Alli
    Please, please, please don't forget to deactivate and delete the older version before installing the new one! I forgot and wound up with the reset loop. I wound up having to hard reset and couldn't get anything back for the life of me. So much for BackupBuddy.

On the bright side - I now have a pristine clean machine without any traces of apps I wasn't using. If I decide later that I really want them...I'll add them back.
    Ali,

sorry you got stung by this - I thought I'd fixed it on the new version (0.97) (I tried installing it over my old version without incident). Was it 0.97 that did this to you?

To everyone else - please be safe - disable & delete before re-installing.

Burkhardi - I'm not sure I understand your problem. If you disable the top 3 features, TreoButler no longer intercepts events - so shouldn't interfere with other apps. What do you mean by 'true disable?' - though I think I can answer the question anyway - the only difference between the registered and non-registered versions is that once you register - the annoying nag goes away.

As to deleting TreoButler_ROBJ_ - I think that's the preferences file. It should delete normally when you delete the core app - but if for some reason it is locked, a soft reset should fix that and let you delete it.
  8.    #68  
    I've been trying to re-create the reset loop of doom, without success.

I have found one issue though - some of the earlier versions on this thread were debug versions - so the database has a different name.

If you're in launcher x - you'll only see one and it'll be the old one
    If you're in the standard application app - you'll see both.

Best just to disable and delete before installing a new version.
    I think I was two versions back when I did the update. I hadn't had any problems so didn't feel compelled to update for "minor bug fixes" and since I don't get that much voice mail I wasn't worrying. But to stay on the positive side, TB works great for me and a good housecleaning is always a good idea. I looked back at my list of things from the thread "what's on your Treo" and wondered why I really needed all that stuff anway. So I left a few things off and I'll see how I do.

**Just read on another thread where people had the loopy reset after installing TC ringer. I'd installed it the day before and had used it fine, but maybe it was the cause of the loopyness, rather than TB. Just to be on the safe side...I'm binning TC Ringer for the time being.
    Last edited by Alli; 01/11/2004 at 08:47 AM.
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    Hi Folks,

Less relevantly for this thread - there is an alarm clock which (fingers crossed) should work despite all the hurdles the treo600 throws at it!

[edit - version that doesn't nag all the time]
    The alarm just totally crashed my Treo600. I tried to select a tone and then pressed "cancel" and it went into a soft reset...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gfunk, I don't know if this will help, but I was playing with the alarm last night, never used it, I just selected it so i could try the sounds out and then unslelected it again after that. Were you able to get that far, or did you set the alarm to go off and then you hit the wall(AKA reset loop).

confusedvorlon,
    First I want to thank you for your time on this app, I like your thinking/humor (the polite cough, Sir or Madam,etc). I also like the fact that you let us select how many rings and virbrates (at least in the alarm I think). I really think that it will be a great app when done. It's a great app now, for the people that are not running TreoAlrtMgr it seems. I can understand the issue thought, each app (yours and PDAapps) is kinda doing the same (yours a little more stuff) and perhaps it uses the same hooks or siezes cetain lines or functions.

To my challange/issue..
    TB seemed to work great, but I was not totaly clear that it was only for voice mail, I knew that at first, but as the thread got longer, I thought you tagged them all (VM,SMS,EMail and the like).

So, I noticed, after installing TB, that TAM would no longer sound to remind me about it being missed, yes your LED flash works very well, but I like the audio too and need that more. So I de-selected all your options and TAM still would not work correctly. That is when I looked for a disable feature.

TAM and others (at least the ones I have) that require a soft re-set after you select them, usualy perfrom a soft reset after your de-select to use it. In other words, you have an enable and disable feature/choice and each one does a soft reset. Your app does a reset when first picked, but there is no true "disable" choice that I see. you know, one that does a soft rest.

I am unclear of why some apps need a soft reset to work, I assume that it's due to needing to be embeded (for lack of a better word) with the OS or background (I am not a programer, so forgive my use of wrong terms and such, but I do know enought to be very dangerous...LOL). So I assume that a softrest is need to un embed or associate the app as well, I didn't see one for TB. So I just unselected everythjing and still no joy.

I then tried to delect the two files with FileZ and the ROBJ would not go away, so I tried the core app and it did. Your are correct, After a soft reset, then i was able to delete the ROBJ file as well(after my post late last night). I just wonder what else is not returned to the state before I installe dthe TB PRC.

Thanks for your time. Matt Burkhard

Let me know if i can expand on anything
    Oh, I htought that perhaps the reg version would give you a true diable and more controll over the LED and such. Like how mLight's doesn't give you all the features, just enought to wet your palet and you have to get the full version for al the bells and whistles.

So all you get is the Butlers Nagging to go away from what I see in your reply then.
    Ok ,thanks
  13.    #73  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

The alarm just totally crashed my Treo600. I tried to select a tone and then pressed "cancel" and it went into a soft reset...
    never tried that button!

I'm fixing it now!

meanwhile - the workaround it to not press 'cancel' !

Edit - Now fixed in latest version which is at palmgear. thanks for the spot!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...8&prodID=52726
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/11/2004 at 03:38 PM.
    Confusevorlon,

Can you let us know if it's among your plans to add an adjustable timeout counter to the K Launch feature to make TreoButler compatible with KeyCaps600?

I already registered but I am hoping you will find the time to add this feature to TreoButler.

Thanks!
    This is a very useful program; the volume buttons now function very usefully as apps switching buttons. Have therefore registered for it!

The VM LED however, does not work. I'm on a GSM network in Malaysia (Maxis). I guess there's little chance that'll be worked on. Hopefully more networks get added on and mine falls in along with the rest...
  16.    #76  
    Re
    'Can you let us know if it's among your plans to add an adjustable timeout counter to the K Launch feature to make TreoButler compatible with KeyCaps600?'

Now done!

see http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46038/s.html

Re
    'The VM LED however, does not work. I'm on a GSM network in Malaysia (Maxis)...Hopefully more networks get added on and mine falls in along with the rest...'

I won't be adding networks - per se - but I will be working on other ways to detect VM

Re

'TB seemed to work great, but I was not totaly clear that it was only for voice mail, I knew that at first, but as the thread got longer, I thought you tagged them all (VM,SMS,EMail and the like).'

Yup - just VM so far...

Re

'I am unclear of why some apps need a soft reset to work, I assume that it's due to needing to be embeded (for lack of a better word) with the OS or background (I am not a programer, so forgive my use of wrong terms and such, but I do know enought to be very dangerous...LOL). So I assume that a softrest is need to un embed or associate the app as well, I didn't see one for TB. So I just unselected everythjing and still no joy.'

I am unclear as well! As far as I know these apps spot events by 'registering' to be notified under certain circumstances. You can register and unregister without a soft reset - so I'm not sure why it is needed.
    My only guess is that having written apps that can register themselves after a soft reset - they haven't written an alternative method - slightly far-fetched perhaps?
    As to TB - it should unregister itself properly when you un-enable.

Re
    'I then tried to delect the two files with FileZ and the ROBJ would not go away, so I tried the core app and it did. Your are correct, After a soft reset, then i was able to delete the ROBJ file as well(after my post late last night). I just wonder what else is not returned to the state before I installe dthe TB PRC. '

I think the second file is the preferences file. I have no idea why it remains locked (any developers give me a clue?). As far as I know, once you disable TB - nothing else is different to before you installed TB.
  17.    #77  
    Re
    'Can you let us know if it's among your plans to add an adjustable timeout counter to the K Launch feature to make TreoButler compatible with KeyCaps600?'

Now done!

see http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46038/s.html

Re
    'The VM LED however, does not work. I'm on a GSM network in Malaysia (Maxis)...Hopefully more networks get added on and mine falls in along with the rest...'

I won't be adding networks - per se - but I will be working on other ways to detect VM

Re

'TB seemed to work great, but I was not totaly clear that it was only for voice mail, I knew that at first, but as the thread got longer, I thought you tagged them all (VM,SMS,EMail and the like).'

Yup - just VM so far...

Re

'I am unclear of why some apps need a soft reset to work, I assume that it's due to needing to be embeded (for lack of a better word) with the OS or background (I am not a programer, so forgive my use of wrong terms and such, but I do know enought to be very dangerous...LOL). So I assume that a softrest is need to un embed or associate the app as well, I didn't see one for TB. So I just unselected everythjing and still no joy.'

I am unclear as well! As far as I know these apps spot events by 'registering' to be notified under certain circumstances. You can register and unregister without a soft reset - so I'm not sure why it is needed.
    My only guess is that having written apps that can register themselves after a soft reset - they haven't written an alternative method - slightly far-fetched perhaps?
    As to TB - it should unregister itself properly when you un-enable.

Re
    'I then tried to delect the two files with FileZ and the ROBJ would not go away, so I tried the core app and it did. Your are correct, After a soft reset, then i was able to delete the ROBJ file as well(after my post late last night). I just wonder what else is not returned to the state before I installe dthe TB PRC. '

I think the second file is the preferences file. I have no idea why it remains locked (any developers give me a clue?). As far as I know, once you disable TB - nothing else is different to before you installed TB.
    Any hope that the alarm will be able to play .mp3 or .wma files ?
  19.    #79  
    Originally posted by jjennings
    Any hope that the alarm will be able to play .mp3 or .wma files ?
    Almost none!

The only hope is if a third party MP3 player opens up an API so that other apps can ask it to play sound. I'll ask pocket tunes if this is possible - perhaps if many customers request it we'll se it on the market!

Edit-
    Looks like there is an API available - so this might be possible - stay tuned!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Great App!! The voice mail LED is working great.

Could I request you to add an option under KLaunch to exclude applications by choosing from a list. This may be particularly useful for applications such as Calendar, Memo, Documents to Go, etc, where pressing a key results in inadvertantly entering new appointment, etc.

Thanks!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast