1.    #1  
    Anyone tried this app?

I have played with it a bit and it's pretty cool for launching up to four apps from each hard button but it plays hell with the keyguard and the power button(the hard one not the one on top of the phone).

I'd like to hear some other input. It does make shutting the screen off during a call easier but I still think the automatic timer app that no one has written yet is the way to solve the issue.

Anyway this is a decent launcher for up to 16 apps. Except for the keyguard thing.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I already use SpeedLaunch to assign more apps to each of the buttons (up to 40). It's a great app, so I don't really want to download and install HBX.

I'm curious though... How does HBX make turning off the sreen during a call easier?
    CoLauncher is the best.

It's really a matter of preference. Speed Launch is slightly more intuitive, since you press a hotkey which then opens a screenful of app icons that you can select.

CoLauncher is the fastest, since you press a hotkey + letter, which then launches the specified app. For example, I have CoLauncher configured so that the hotkey is the SMS hardkey button. When I press hotkey + I, it launches iSilo. Hotkey + D launches Documents To Go, hotkey + P launches PalmReader. You get the idea. I have nearly all my apps assigned to their corresponding alphabetic letter, which for me makes CoLauncher plenty intuitive and very, very fast for opening apps.

I'm not affiliated with CoLauncher, I just think it's the best on the Treo, since you have so many more keys (with the thumb board) then you do with the other non keyboard devices.
    Originally posted by thegasguru
    CoLauncher is the best.

It's really a matter of preference. Speed Launch is slightly more intuitive, since you press a hotkey which then opens a screenful of app icons that you can select.

CoLauncher is the fastest, since you press a hotkey + letter, which then launches the specified app. For example, I have CoLauncher configured so that the hotkey is the SMS hardkey button. When I press hotkey + I, it launches iSilo. Hotkey + D launches Documents To Go, hotkey + P launches PalmReader. You get the idea. I have nearly all my apps assigned to their corresponding alphabetic letter, which for me makes CoLauncher plenty intuitive and very, very fast for opening apps.

I'm not affiliated with CoLauncher, I just think it's the best on the Treo, since you have so many more keys (with the thumb board) then you do with the other non keyboard devices.
    It's defintitely a matter of preference. The setup you describe with CoLauncher would never work for me because I could never remember which key was assigned to which app. I also have a number of apps that start with the same letter, which poses a problem. Was 'T' Todo or ThoughtManager... With your setup, I just end up guessing which app I'm launching, which isn't very useful for me.

With SpeedLaunch, I assign each key a 'catetory' of apps. The Phone button is my 'fun' key with my games and multimedia apps assigned. My Calendar button is my 'office' button with my schedule/todo and contact apps assigned. You get the point... Anyway, I find this much easier to remember, and therefore much more useful.

I'm still curious about how you can use HBX to turn off the screen during a call... anyone?
    HBX is a great app and easy to use. Simply assign the "screen off" button to the "off" function of HBX. Then, when a call comes in, simply press the "screen off" button TWICE and the screen will shut off while you are on a call. No crazy combinations needed. Really simple and the BEST solution until HS comes up with a firmware update. I've used this for several days now and DEFINITELY see an increase in my battery life.
    Originally posted by jimmyk001
    HBX is a great app and easy to use. Simply assign the "screen off" button to the "off" function of HBX. Then, when a call comes in, simply press the "screen off" button TWICE and the screen will shut off while you are on a call. No crazy combinations needed. Really simple and the BEST solution until HS comes up with a firmware update. I've used this for several days now and DEFINITELY see an increase in my battery life.
    Cool! Thanks for the tip. I didn't even know you could do that. I tried it with the 'off' function on the SpeedLaunch command bar and it works there too, though it's probably not as convenient as your HBX setup.