1.    #1  
    I've downloaded serveral, but all seems to be for example, "eng-french" etc.

ANY GOOD ENGLISH DICTIONARIES OUT THERE??
    I use Bdicty and have bought it twice, once for my old PPC and again for the Treo Palm.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...A3&prodID=3184
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Noah Pro is what I am using. It is good and has a 122,000 word database.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I tried a ton of them, and I personally think the best by far is PocketLingo 2.0.

The college version sports like (I think) 260,000 words (American Heritage College Dictionary) with pronunciation keys, etymologies, notes, and usage samples.

It is solid (OS 5 Treo 600 friendly) and super FAST! You can put the dictionaries (it supports multiples) on an SD card and save RAM. You can get the thesaurus in a combo deal with the dictionary, I think.

Plus, the user interface is SLICK; it looks professional and clean.

The one thing that it is weak on is the "English to blah blah.." or "Blah blah to English" or "Blah blah to blah blah" modules. I don't think they have made many, if any. So if you are looking for a bunch of translation-type dicitonaries being offered, you may want to look at something else.

Anyways, I think it is a really solid product.

trout_256@yahoo.com
    Noah Lite is free.
    Mike
    I've been pretty satisfied with MSDict, available on Handango
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There is a pretty good review of some dictionaries at pdabuyersguide.com. It doesn't mention all the dictionaries previously mentioned on this thread, but it should help.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    You can also use a free online dictionary like this one:

http://www.m-w.com/palm.htm

Ahh...the advatages of wireless!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm using Oxford and I love it. It's a Dict. & Thes. with a great looking interface. Oxford
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Bunches. Like another user, I also have PocketLingo 2.0 dictionary and it's companion thesaurus, Roget's II. They are excellent programs. I also purchased Palm Reader Pro and with it is a free dictionary, Vest Pocket Dictionary. I also looked at six others before buying PocketLingo and decided on it as being the best for my needs.

Ben
    -----------------

Originally posted by godfather
    I've downloaded serveral, but all seems to be for example, "eng-french" etc.

ANY GOOD ENGLISH DICTIONARIES OUT THERE??