1.    #1  
    Hi,

I think I saw somewhere movies sold on SD cards, to be read on Palm / Pocket PC devices ...

Any idea where to find these SD cards?

Thanks,
    Dominique
    This doesn't answer your question but, I make my own movies by converting DVD's with KINOMA PRODUCER and a 512mb SD card. I have converted all of my DVD's so I can watch them on my Treo with KINOMA PLAYER. Then I just transfer them over from the pc to the SD card with a $20 SD disk drive. Heh heh, very cool to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark on your stinkin' phone. People can't believe it when they see it.
    whoa!!

I have every episode of Seinfeld on DVD (commercial free!), and I'm in the process of transferring every episode of Cheers from VHS onto DVD. (OK, OK...my buddy and I who undertook this ridiculous project are a WeeBitObsessed).

I cannot WAIT to show friends how I can watch The Contest on my Treo. Talk about WOWWWW! factor!!
    hi, how about posting them to the yahoo group "treomultimedia" !! thanks jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5.    #5  
    Hi guys,

pleas help here ;sounds cool, and I have kinoma producer ...

BUT: how do I convert DVD to Kinoma files???? I do not see that option using producer..

Thanks
    Dominique
    As another tangeant to your question, Panasonic now has a full fledged camcorder that uses SD cards as its primary medium. Wonder if there are any PalmOS apps that can play a video so recorded directly from the SD?

I am also a happy Kinoma Producer customer. I don't think you can directly convert DVD to Kinoma. You must first translate to AVI or MPEG with one of several translation programs out there.
    HIYA, BTW I forgot to mention about treomultimedia, it was set up to post converted dvd's and tv shows to kimona or mm format to post for other's to use. Since it is a private group there is not an issue of copyright. You can find it by going to yahoo and then typing treo multimedia on the search line. I do nto have the ability to convert films, as my computer is too old. So I am hoping that others will post for others to use and enjoy. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  8.    #8  
    Can you please suggest product to convert DVD to AVI or MPEG?

I have tried DVD-Dup, but then Producer said it cannot open the MPG file DVD-Dup produced (also all of mt PC movie players can play the MPEG file with no problem).

I have also used some rippers to put VOB files to my PC, but I do not know what to do next.

Please help....
    Dominique
    I have to get the name of the one I have used off of my home computer, and I am working this morning...

In the meantime, try a Google search...I just found about a thousand possibilities......
  10.    #10  
    OK, thanks, I'll try to find some, but please kindly put the name of the one you used when you get a chance.

thanks again
    Dominique
    An earlier thread that got moved had the answer... IHATECOMPUTERS does it the way I do it with the same programs:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45515/s.html
  12.    #12  
    That's great, thanks!!

I am glad your job leave you time to post answers to this forum ;-)
    Dominique
    It doesn't, but don't tell anyone!!!
    When you guys figure this out, I for one would be very interested to know your step by step method for moving feature length DVDs to Treo SD card, and your impression on (i) clarity, (ii) sound quality and (iii) battery performance.
    Clarity: Rivals any 60" plasma screen HDTV.
    Sound: Significantly better than most concert halls.
    Battery: Meter drops from 100% to 99% after two runs of "Return of the King".

HA! Had you going, didn't I? Look, it's a movie ON YOUR PHONE for heaven's sake! It ain't gonna be great, but it works!