1.    #1  
    I just purchased the Treo 600 docking cradle. If I plug the cradle directly into my computer, it works fine. Howerver, if I plug it into a USB hub which is then plugged into the computer, the handheld and the destkop cannot establish a connection.

The USB hub works fine with other devices.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Ed Lee
    Edward G Lee
    Ed I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the palmusb driver and your usb hub drivers if they are different then the standard system drivers. My cradle works just fine with my 4 port USB hub
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how to uninstall the palmusb driver? The only option I see in Add/Remove programs is for the Palm Desktop and Syncronization Software.

Thanks,
    Ed Lee
    Edward G Lee
    Your USB hub might not have enough power for the Treo's USB cable. Do you a powered or unpowered USB hub?
    Treo 600 GSM
    Originally posted by elee@ulgm.org
    I just purchased the Treo 600 docking cradle. If I plug the cradle directly into my computer, it works fine. Howerver, if I plug it into a USB hub which is then plugged into the computer, the handheld and the destkop cannot establish a connection.

The USB hub works fine with other devices.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Ed Lee
    That is a common "problem".

It may be due to the hub or the PC.

You just have to plug it directly to the PC, rather than taking the hassle to find the problem/solution.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    You would have to uninstall the palm desktop program and then delete the folder to ensure its gone, but I agree (and forgot to mention) that it's a power issue. Try unplugging other usb add-ons to determine if its a power issue, or just add the power cord and change the setting to self powered or something simillar
    Like I said before, the problem specifically can be the "power" your USB hub is capable of supplying to devices hooked to it. I had this problem too. The computer would recognize the Treo when plugged directly but not when plugged into the USB hub. I have a powered USB hub but I did not have it powered at the time. I just plugged the power cable for the USB hub into the AC socket and the computer instantly recognized the Treo. Unpowered USB hubs draw power from the computer's USB port and can only power a limited number of devices. A powered hub can supply its own power.
    Treo 600 GSM
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by zgraff
    Your USB hub might not have enough power for the Treo's USB cable. Do you a powered or unpowered USB hub?
    It's a powered USB hub.

Thanks,
    Ed Lee
    Edward G Lee