Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hi all

Following problem:

- Open the contact list
    - go to a mobile number of any contact
    - press the message button (don't know how this is named in English)
    - now the sms compose screen shows up, but the contact you chose is not entered

Is this a bug I have to live with?

Thanks
    Actually it works the other way around: press the message button, selct "new" then select the arrow on the left(with the 5-way nav). Here you find you history, and an option "lookup in contacts". Now you type the first characters of the person you want to reach et voila: all done!

Good luck!
    stynos, anyway to get rid of the sms history. At first while playing around with SMS when it finally started working in Sacramento, California I was just entering the phone numbers and sending test messages.

Now I am using the contact list and would like to get rid of what are now duplicates (phone numbers) in the drop down history list so I can more easily and quickly get to the names in the history list.

I have checked the manual, preferences on Sprint's MY PCS page and tried all of the menu items but no luck.

FileZ shows files called SMS Quicklist (smilyes I think) and then SMS Quick Text (canned messages I think) then I see SMS Addresses (history?) and SMS Domains (I've also been sending to email addresses I assume this is a list of those).

I am really a newbie and am not sure if I should delete SMS addreses so I can start the history list over. Anyone know? Thanks for the help.
    Talaria:

I think what you mean is to clear the history of chosen numbers. The only way to do this is to select the contacts you need, untill the history is "refreshed".

To delete messages, yoy can just use the "purge" item in the menu.

I hope this answers your question! Good luck!
    Hi,

I actually have a different problem. When I look up a contact number for SMSing, I get only the contacts on my GSM SIM card but not the full list in the phone's memory. How can this be corrected. Thanks in advance.
    stynos, thank you for the help. I'll try to use more names from my contact list to see if I can get those numbers (I entered instead of using the contact list when I was testing) to drop off.

I had just been sending the test messages back and forth to my wife and a friend (we all recently bought Treo 600s and love them) using their phone numbers instead of going to my contact list so apparently there has to be enough different entries to get the older ones to drop off the list.

Then having used the contact list later to SMS them I now have both their numbers and names in the drop down list next to the 'TO' (this is what I thought you ment by history).

Not a real problem. I was just hoping there was an easy way to clear the history and didn't think of just sending to more contact list names to see if the numbers dropped off the list.

But I am an old dog and even though I had a T-Mobile SideKick (HipTop) until last month I never used the text messaging feature. Thankfully the SK and Treo forums have a lot of smart people on them. I have been lurking on Treo Central since November waiting for my T-Mo contract to run out last month. So I have a lot of great threads bookmarked. This old dog is learning and enjoying.

At least with the Treo 600 I can finally get to my favorite web site autosports.com which uses java script to log on (who knows why and don't get me started) which the SK could not handle. So I am a very happy camper and as there is much more the Treo can do; and unlike the SK there are all these great programs to play with when my wife is shopping.

I am a gadget nut and go to the Consumer Electronic Show every year in Las Vegas and used to go to the Comdex, but instead of the Comdex (boring now) I go to the SEMA show (auto accessories, gadgets, motorsports, etc. etc. instead.
    To bad all these neat toys were not around when I was younger but I am making up for lost tiime much to my wife's dismay (Treo excepted she love that).

Thanks again, sorry for the long post.
    I have the same problem, I want to delete the contact list in the new sms TO: field. Out of sheer frustration, I did something utterly brave... and stupid. I deleted the file "sms quick list" using fileprog (or fileZ, whichever you have). Guess what... that did the trick! No need to fill it up to delete the previous list, just delete the sms quick list file and start from scratch! Whoa, at least I was able to contribute something
    Originally posted by RolloM
    Hi all

Following problem:

- Open the contact list
    - go to a mobile number of any contact
    - press the message button (don't know how this is named in English)
    - now the sms compose screen shows up, but the contact you chose is not entered

Is this a bug I have to live with?

Thanks
    Rollo, that works for me. (Sprint/CDMA)

That's how I send most of my SMS (now that it works on Sprint)...