1.    #1  
    My MP3's are not being accepted by the sync install program.

I used FreeRip to make MP3's of my soundtracks.

I right clicked on the mp3 files and told it to open with the hotsync install program.

The program launches and gives me an error saying that they are not recognized files.

What is the deal ? Anyone ?

Thanks for reading and see you out there.

Brad Hoesman Real Estate One Inc. Agent Ann Arbor, Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
    got to the palm desktop > open the install tool > select *.* for the file types > select the mp3's you want to install....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I tried that, but I get the error message that says:

Unable to install "filename.mp3" File does not exist.

The audio tracks got ripped and work on my desktop media player. But the Palm Desktop Install tool says they don't exist.
    They even show up in the window when I select *.* for all file types.

I highlight both of the .mp3 files and hit open, but all I get is that error install tool message. ? ? ? ? ? ?

The .mp3 files are not write or read protected so they should go over. I have Pocket Tunes installed on my Treo 600 and it worked with a test sample .mp3 that I had installed previously.

Brad Hoesman Real Estate One Inc. Agent Ann Arbor Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
  4.    #4  
    CORRECTION !!!!!!!

I discovered the problem is that the Install Tool will only accept *.mp3 files from my Desktop and not files that are organized into folders.

When I moved the two *.mp3 files back to my desktop and ran the install tool application they were put into the browser for hot syncing.

How strange ?? You would think that the Install Tool would accept files from organized folders ? ?

Oh well, at least I found a work around.

I was able to hot sync the *.mp3 files and play them in Pocket Tunes.

I just need to get a nice stereo earbuds for my Treo 600 now.

Brad Hoesman Real Estate One Inc. Agent Ann Arbor, Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
    Originally posted by Loki Sunrider
    I discovered the problem is that the Install Tool will only accept *.mp3 files from my Desktop and not files that are organized into folders.
    Yeah... I recall doing the same work-around myself. I guess I forgot about it cuz usually just listen to shoutcast these days and haven't loaded any mp3's in a while. Cheers!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions