Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The ringing sound actually comes through the Treo 600 speaker, and not througth the headset itself. I actually am the opposite in that I would prefer it go through the headset that the speaker, or may be both would be good.
    Any more comments after using these headsets for a while?

I can't help but think that the Quietspot should be a bit longer to put the mic closer to the mouth, like the "Boom" headset. Am I justified in thinking this?

Also, for those with the Shure Quietspot - does it look like it would be easy to modify the length of the boom (extending it an inch of so)? I'm thinking of cutting the tube and wires, resoldering and remounting them so the mic is positioned better like the Boom.

Comments?
    I received my theBoom one weeks ago. Outgoing audio is excellent. Incoming speaker is not as good as the SonyEricson HBH-30.
    The mechanical design is good. Very stable on my ear.
    The color is very odd.
    What do you want? What's it worth? We use both.

3 Treo 600 Users make their choice. ==> not based on cost.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...25&postcount=3

A rather complete post, more detail than you want. (trust me)

I laughed, I cried,

. . . . . someday I hope to read it.
    Is there any place where The Boom can be purchased for less?

$100 is about my limit for a headset.

Also, does anyone have a phone number for this company? I couldn't find one on their web site.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wallywld

Also, does anyone have a phone number for this company? I couldn't find one on their web site.

Thanks!
    QuietSpot: 1-888-887-4873

theBoom: 1-888-230-3300

Thanks!
    It was on sale last Christmas for 100, but hasn't been that low since then
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  8. sda

Thanks!
    TheBoom is made by a company called UmeVoice in Novato. You can find a phone number on their website, www.umevoice.com.
    After searching through these forums for a good bt headset with noise cancellation, I've given up and returned to TheBoom. Tough to beat this wired headset. Although I did have trouble at first with the two-piece construction and mounting on my ear, practice eventually made perfect and i can easily slip it on while i'm driving ... now, if they only made a similar headset with BT ...
    Anyone tried the etymotic headset?
    I just went on theBoom website and found out they are sold out until end of september. By then I will have the top back on my Land Rover Defender. Are there any other outlets that sell this? I tried ebay but nothing there.

Thanks

Marv
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the New Plantronics MX510-N3 will work with the Treo 650?

It has the same connector as the M-153-N1.

If not why doesn't Plantronics make a compatible headset with the answer and end buttons for the Treo 650.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    I have used theBoom for just over a year and have had some issues with this headset.

1- The blue rubber coating on the boom mic has cracked along the entire length of the boom and has begun to tear.

2- The flexible boom has become loose from the point where it is attached to the earpiece and at the microphone. It will not hold a position and it falls under it's own weight. This occurred shortly after I got the device. When I contacted a CSR, I was told that this is normal and to be expected. But, the key to the success of this device is the position of the microphone and the mouth. If it is not within an inch of the mouth, it does not work well. So, I have to hold the microphone in position while Iím talking.

3- Just recently, my callers say they constantly hear a static or crackle noise. As soon as I unplug theBoom from my Treo, the call is clear- albeit with background noise.

Unfortunately, I am just a few months outside of the one-year warranty. Iím not thrilled with the idea of plunking down another $150 for a new unit, but I have to say that until the recent problem with the static, the clarity has been outstanding- even in the most adverse conditions. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with theBoom?
  14. sda
    I had some of the same problems with mine. Since I'm not too far from their offices, I made a phone call then drove to their headquarters and swapped out the unit---twice. Mine is also no longer under warranty, so the next time it needs replacement, I'm on my own. I'm hoping they come out with a smaller, bluetooth version by then.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123