1.    #1  
    Although I've set preferences in BackupBuddyVFS to back up each night at 1:30 a.m., it usually performs the backup in the morning whenever I first check my schedule. It's not a long process, but does anyone know why the preset time isn't adhered to?
    Probably you have the keyguard on -- it won't come on until you turn it off. I set mine to run at 3AM and don't set the keyguard at night. I made the default on that button (far right) as "no keyguard" because you can always set it by holding it down a few seconds.
  3.    #3  
    Fixed'r right up. Thanks!
    I'm currently trying the latest version of BackUpBuddyVFS. I believe it came out right at Christmas.

The latest version works just fine with keyguard.

However I would like to see a screen that says "backup completed" like RightBackup displays. Yes the backup is occuring, I confirm EVERY morning by checking the app.

FWIW I will be passing on BackUpBuddy. I'm going to give BackUpMan a try, but right now I'm leaning towards RightBackup.
    I have both and like both. There is a problem though with BackUpBuddyVFS - the registered version - it takes forever to scroll through the file list. It does get around the keyguard with no problem at all. However, BackupMan is the better of the two products. Ben

--------------

Originally posted by dgoodisi
    I'm currently trying the latest version of BackUpBuddyVFS. I believe it came out right at Christmas.

The latest version works just fine with keyguard.

However I would like to see a screen that says "backup completed" like RightBackup displays. Yes the backup is occuring, I confirm EVERY morning by checking the app.

FWIW I will be passing on BackUpBuddy. I'm going to give BackUpMan a try, but right now I'm leaning towards RightBackup.
    There's a good argument for having both, because if you loose your Treo (and card with it) the Palm HotSync backup will not 100 percent fully restore your Treo. BackUpBuddy will 100 percent fully restore your Treo from your Desktop. So, if you want the perfect backup protection you need both.

Anyone using both? And could you post your comments? TIA.
    I use both. I have changed my backup schedule though to do it at a time I am up instead of asleep. The reason for this is due to a problem another program may be having with repeat alerts. Anyway, the concern with BackupBuddy is that it copies all of the files over and when I attempts to scroll through the list, it takes forever. Not a problem with BackupMan.

Now, I had a total lockup once that required getting it back to life through charging it. Totally dead until it was put on a charger. This is discussed in another thread somewhere. Anyway, after it came back up, there was no way I could access the backup utilities or files because I had no file manager to access them with. BackUpBuddy and BackupMan were no longer displayed i the main memory or listed when the external card became available. So, backup was done at home and then done again with BackupMan after it was reinstalled. I lost nothing other than the day's input data.

I use BackUpBuddy at home and with this new version, it is very comforting knowing that EVERYTHING is backed up. Takes a bit longer, but well worth it.

Ben

---------------

Originally posted by elysian9
    There's a good argument for having both, because if you loose your Treo (and card with it) the Palm HotSync backup will not 100 percent fully restore your Treo. BackUpBuddy will 100 percent fully restore your Treo from your Desktop. So, if you want the perfect backup protection you need both.

Anyone using both? And could you post your comments? TIA.
    Originally posted by bclinger
    I use both. ...
    Thanks for your comments.

I thought of a few questions:

1. I used to use BackUpBuddyNG on my Treo 270, but it was exclusively a desktop interface, which wrote the backups to the Pilot/DS/Backup folder, so that it was available for Hotsync restores. That was the only way it could back up; by running Hotsync after configuring the conduit to have "Desktop overwrite Handeld." Does the newest VFS version work the same way? I've noticed that BlueNomad reccomends you install the memory card option, etc. This is redundent if you're using BackUpMan, right?

2. Instead of using BackupBuddy (if you already have BackUpMan) why not just copy the BackupMan backup "sets" to your desktop, thereby backing up your backups? Doesn't this amount to more or less the same thing as having both BUB and BUM? And with regard to speed, I recall that BUB restores (from desktop HotSync were incredibly slow, though totally effective. By contrast BUM restores take less than 1 minute.
    My dilemma --Even tho I have selected to have the Treo turn off after a scheduled back-up, it doesn't. Suggestions?

Thanks
    Kimberly
    I had problems with backupbuddy until I ran it from main mem instead of the SD card. Now it works fine and backs up everything to the card.