1.    #1  
    The only time I cut off my t600 is in church on Sundays and if I'm going to be out of the service area for long time (when I went skiing). I do try to top it off when the battery gets below 72%. It just occurred to me that this could possibly be a bad thing (leaving it on)? Burn out the battery faster or something? ... I don't know. Does anybody else do this or know if it's not a good idea?
    John 3:16
  2.    #2  
    Please -- does anybody else leave their t600 on also? Or know if it's good or bad -- I suppose I could just stop doing that but I'm toying with disconnecting my landline but want to know if I'm hurting my baby by leaving her on all night.
    John 3:16
    People may have been a bit confused by your question as Palm PDAs are designed to be on all the time. The display may turn off, but the PDA is on (nearly) all the time.

I think what you are really asking is if it is OK to keep the radio (phone) part on all the time. I keep mine on (nearly) all the time. It will run the battery down faster if the radio is kept on all the time. The battery will run down faster still if data services are enabled at all times. Especially if you are in a fringe area and the phone is trying to (re)establish connectivity.

Still... It's my cell phone and my IM device, so it's on 24/7. The only time I turn mine off is when I work in a certain building where I know I get no reception. I shut it off (the phone) in there to conserve battery. I turn the ringer off in church, movies, meetings, at night, etc.... but not the phone.

Putting more stress on the battery probably does wear the battery down faster too... I replaced the battery in the treo 270 I have had. Hopefully, in a year or two, when I need to replace the 600 battery, it won't be too hard either.
    I never turn off the wireless mode unless something requires a reset or I'm in an area where I get zero signal. I don't have any problems with this at all. I'm used to having my cell phone on 24/7 so I immediately started doing the same with my T600. I regularly top off the battery but I normally wait till the battery is down to 65%-70% before begining a charge.
    Originally posted by wheresmy600
    Please -- does anybody else leave their t600 on also? Or know if it's good or bad -- I suppose I could just stop doing that but I'm toying with disconnecting my landline but want to know if I'm hurting my baby by leaving her on all night.
    You should be good. All I have is my Treo 600, no landline. If I don't want to hear it I put on vibrate mode.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  6.    #6  
    thanks! that's what I meant -- especially about wearing the battery out faster. I'm thinking maybe I'll give it a rest during the night.
    Originally posted by jaytee
    [B] I turn the ringer off in church, movies, meetings, at night, etc.... but not the phone.
    B]
    This is one area where I'm a little grey, when I was at the movies today I wanted to turn the ringer off, but wanted a quick way to do it. Actually I wanted to silence the alerts on all sound. Do I have to do through the Preference, Sound steps or is there a quicker way to do it?

It would be nice to do it temporarily so if you forget to turn it back on, no biggie.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    just move the slider on the top towards the edge of the treo (not towards the antenna) to put the ringer (and other sounds) off. Phone will still vibrate... just not ring.
    The switch on the top controls all system sounds.
    I assume you mean the top button to the immediate left of the stylus holder.

Ya learn something new everyday.

Thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre