1.    #1  
    Just a rant to all the nay-sayers who post threads about how bad the treo 600 is or how there is something 'way better' that will be released soon.

Go fly a kite.

Yes, there will always be something better next year. Sort of like the Treo 600 being better than the Treo 300.

Their complaints sound like the person who brags that they decided to not buy Enron stock the day before it collapsed. It's almost like " hey look at all the bad features of the Treo 600...I'm sure glad I didn't buy one...I'm going to wait until the next xyz product comes out. Na na na na na.

I don't know what these people are trying to accomplish except to make themselves (w/o a Treo 600) sound superior, and the rest of us (Treo 600 owners) feel like crap. In reality I'm sure that 95% of 600 owners are extremely happy with the capabilities of the Treo 600.

Well enough of my rant. Hey where did purple XYZ go?
    Sign me up as one of the "Happy Campers"...I love my Treo 600!!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    The Treo600 has allowed me to empty my bag. My SE T68i, BB Nextel 6510 and my Sony Clie UX50 are all gone. The T600 does have some issues;however, it handles my e-mail (BB Nextel), Web Browsing (UX50/T68i) and all of my PDA fx better than I expected. The UX50 is a MM machine but was more than I needed. It was great from 9/9/03 until 10/8/03. I simply had very little use for it after the arrival of my T600.

I am completely happy with my device and will await the arrival of the improved version.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601

I've been thinking about making the move to a Treo 600. I toyed around for a year or so with the Treo 180 (Cool at the time, limited though). Then I switched over to T-Mobile's PocketPC phone. I love that thing, but I do kind of miss the Treo's keyboard, and slightly smaller size... but then again i dont like the lower resolution screen and some other things. Ugh. Ain't technology grand?
    Treo 600 is the best portable computing device I've ever used...

I've owned:
    - Apple Newton MessagePad (original)
    - HP, Sony and Gateway subnotebooks (over past 10 years)
    - Gameboy color and Gameboy Advance
    - Atari Lynx
    - Sonicblue MP3 Player
    - Numerous mobile phones (over past 10 years)
    - Numerous scientific calculators
    - Cannon digital camera

For the MOST PART, the Treo 600 replaces them all...

Only things missing that would make the Treo 600 PERFECT, are:
    - Bluetooth (changed my mind about wanting bluetooth sync built in)
    - 320x320x16bit screen
    - Better camera imaging software (does someone make Palm OS OCR software?)
    - Voice recorder (does someone make Palm OS speech to text software?)

Wi Fi is not really critical on the Sprint PCS network (my provider)

---

As an aside. The Newton experience really, really turned me "off" of handhelds and "on" to Laptops. The Treo 600 has turned the tide and actually started to replace my laptop in terms of functionality!

If they add this feature to the next Treo (with a drawing pad as well as a keyboard), I will no longer need to take a laptop with me.

LED projected keyboard: http://www.canesta.com/products.htm
    "I see dead pixels..."
    Bottom line is that they will wait for "something better" even when something better comes out.

At that time we will be using the "something better" and they'll still be fascinated with their big stone wheel. Just like right now we're using the Treo600 and they are using their morse code and old style type-writers while waiting endlessly for the pony express guy to come back.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    you haven't convinced me, i will continue using my clay tablets.....
    i love my t60, so glad I got it when it 1st came out! I will worry about it being obsolete when somehting better comes along....but what are these nay sayers using? smokesignals????? take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Originally posted by chrispawling
    you haven't convinced me, i will continue using my clay tablets.....
    Will this convince you?
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1905.html
    (no, that is not a smartphone)
    I've thought abot upgrading to clay tablets, but I see many problems with that technology, that frankly I just can't get past:

1. They break.
    2. They require some form of baking, to fire and harden. Since fire has yet to be safely harnessed, I can't use it.
    3. Too heavy - not portable enough.
    4. Others can't read my scribbling on them.
    5. Too difficult to change once the text is entered. Can't go back on those commandments or anything.

And here's why I continue to just stay with just writing in the dirt, using a stick:

1. Lots of writing area - pretty much the entire surface area of the planet.
    2. Easy to erase and do over.
    3. Availability of input devices - my finger, or any stick.
    4. Good to bring the community together - all my fellow troglodytes can amble over and check out my latest musings on 'stickinthedirtcentral.com' - we have a good discussion forum going.

So I'll stay with my approach. I just gotta go wash my hands....again...dang.
    nrosser, very clever, LOL, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    LOL, tears, maybe you're right, I should go back to stick in the dirt...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    bump... 'cause this gave me a good laugh tonight.