Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by jasonsf
    I purchased the armband mp3 holder from Tunebelt.com. Here's a picture of it: http://www.tunebelt.com/ab3.

snipped
    Jason
    How about the iPod model (AB2)? I wonder if you could use Ptunes, etc with it in the case, just as in the photo of the iPod. You'd need a hole for the antenna that's all. Anyone tried this?
    Originally posted by jasonsf
    I purchased the armband mp3 holder from Tunebelt.com. Here's a picture of it: http://www.tunebelt.com/ab3.
    Man - that thing looks perfect!
    For anyone who's been to Brookstone--

Has anyone seen the "other" case with the swivel clip pictured on their website?

JT
    I checked out both Brookstone cases yesterday.

The short one fits pretty well, and it's not necesary to pull the velcro'd strap so tight that it pops out the SD card. BUT, because the Treo is taller than the intended phones, the flap doesn't lie flat against the front of the case. The bottom of the flap sticks out, which I didn't think looked very nice.

The 600 DOES fit in the narrow, taller case, but only because the sides are elastic. It REALLY streches the side out, wider than the leather case itself. And it's a bit difficult to insert or remove the phone--definitely a two handed task.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Personally, I prefer to wear the Treo facing inwards (with the antenna in the front)... that way, it's easier to see the LED. I run TreoButler, so the LED turns red when I have a voicemail. If I were wearing the phone facing outwards, it would be more cumbersome to glance down at the LED.

Since the Treo 600 misses a lot of my calls (about a third go straight into voicemail, even in a "5" signal strength zone) the LED is something i need to check periodically. Wearing the treo facing inwards in this Brookstone case, I have not experienced any problems with the unit turning on, button presses, etc.

Also, every few days I'll tend to "bump into" something with the treo when wearing it on the belt... I wouldn't want the screen to be sticking out for that.

Regarding the velcro-attach strap across the top of this case... I think you'll find if you give the strap some room (leave some slack) so it doesn't touch the top of the treo, then it'll velcro down better. just make a "u" out of the strap then attach the velcro higher up.

Regarding the SD card popping out... if you haven't "sanded" your SD card yet (per instructions on other threads) then it's likely to be popping out in various situations anyway.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a shoe repair store either add a little velcro lower down on the case lid, or just cut the top off and make a seam. Either change would probably be an improvement.

One big advantage of this case is the "tightness" of the belt clip's grip. With many belt clips, it's easy for the your pda/phone to slip off when you least expect it (in a taxi, etc); this clip is harder to get onto the belt, but it has an excellent grip. And it's tight-fitting.

No, this is not the "perfect' case... but for me, it's the best one i've found after quite a search. Except, as i mentioned on my posting, my homebrew case constructed by having a clip sewed onto case that comes with the treo.

In summation, I submit to the jury that this is a pretty decent little treo case... certainly, better than the cases that PalmOne sells!
    Last edited by sbell22; 01/21/2004 at 10:26 AM.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I found a generic case at BigLots for $4. It actually fits the Treo600 perfectly. It is has a velcro belt loop and holds the phone in a horizontal position. The antenna sticks out on one end and the headphone jack is available on the other end. Don't remember the brand and it isn't marked on the case. It is neoprene with a silver reflective trim. The front uses velcro to close.

Here's a pic of the front - closed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    generic case at BigLots for $4

Pic from side
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    generic case at BigLots for $4

Pic from front - open
    Nice to see so many fellow runners on this site. I have an alternative suggestion to what I have seen posted here so far. Last year I started using a great water bottle belt on my runs. In the past I have found most such belts just bounce around and are not that convenient to get the bottle in and out of. This belt, which is made by the company Louis Garneau, has the bottle carried tilted across the lower part of your back. Attached to the belt is a zippered compartment for keys, etc. However, I have been also using it to carry my ipod when I run. I simply put the ipod in a ziplock bag and off I go. The belt fits great and I hardly notice that I am carrying it. I plan to replace the ipod with a 600 when it arrives as I'll still be able to listen to music or talking books while also having the security of a phone with me.
    Ya' know, the official Treo 600 horizontal case is available from reputable sellers on ebay for $10. I'm beginning to wonder why I've spent so much time looking into alternate cases.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Came across this today, might work for you.

http://www.csleeve.com/dmws/

eKennedy
    I tried several different cases, including both Brookstone models, the iPod case, and a Nokia 3300 case suggested on these boards. Now that I bought the OEM case from Dan's Cellular on eBay, I wish I hadn't waited so long. It's an excellent case, fits right, has pretty rigid protection, a low profile clip that's very tight, and has an opening for headphones/hands free. I highly recommend it for around $12. I was also surprised at the quality, which greatly exceeded my expectations.
    Originally posted by curtiscarmack
    I tried several different cases, including both Brookstone models, the iPod case, and a Nokia 3300 case suggested on these boards. Now that I bought the OEM case from Dan's Cellular on eBay, I wish I hadn't waited so long. It's an excellent case, fits right, has pretty rigid protection, a low profile clip that's very tight, and has an opening for headphones/hands free. I highly recommend it for around $12. I was also surprised at the quality, which greatly exceeded my expectations.
    Yeah, I've gotten some great cellular stuff from Dan's. What is the link to this case?
    <<Ya' know, the official Treo 600 horizontal case is available from reputable sellers on ebay for $10. I'm beginning to wonder why I've spent so much time looking into alternate cases.>>

Bob, I bought that case (and the vertical one with plastic) from PalmOne, and ended up sending it back. It creates this big protusion from your belt, and is sort of funky.

Some candid feedback on that case, just for fun

I saw a top-level tech CEO give a speech wearing that exact case (with Treo 600) in Palo Alto, mid-December. He paid a lot of attention to his attire, and was an exceptionally good speaker. He wandered through a room filled with VC's and other CEO's and really made a personal impression quite effectively. But... as charming and persuasive as he was, i thought he looked a bit dorky because of that big old heavy case hanging off the front of his belt! haha. The leather is too thick, so it kind of seems like you're trying to make a statement. Wrong! Not subtle! Anyway you might want to watch out where you wear that one...
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    but for RUNNING with your Treo...... the Horizontal case will hold it snug, clipped securely to your waist, and still better looking than those that you wrap around your wrist ( did you see that ugly one?), or your arm. I even ran a marathon with it!
    Ed
    yeah, i guess that horizontal case may have some utility after all <G> hopefully you didn't get any calls during the final 10 miles

there is another case I discovered in the closet which works pretty well. Handspring sold a high-end accessory case for a while, for the Treo 300, which is pretty snazzy & very functional. It holds the phone vertically and has a clip that "snaps over" your beltline making it pretty secure. It's just a tad roomy for the Treo 600, but the basic cut of the case is right (antenna clearance, etc) and there is a little pocket for the earbud/mic cord. But overall the case is not *too* big, and it's suitable for business use. I'll get a photo of it posted this weekend; probably still available on eBay, or some of you may still have one too, fromt the Treo 300 days. Fry's Electronics sold a lot of these and may still have some in stock.
    steve bell

Steve, you beat me on that post about the old Handspring Action Pack case. I think that's what it was called then. I used it exclusively for my old Treo 270. I now use it a lot with the T600 because of the backpocket were I keep my extra SD card. I have eGrips with my Treo so this limits me to only a few choices for cases. The case will actually accomodate the Treo 600 even with the screen facing in because the cover flap is long and flexible enough to catch th velcro lock
    Ed
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by edkalama
    I now use it a lot with the T600 because of the backpocket were I keep my extra SD card.

That makes me a bit mad. I emailed Handspring support to ask them if the 600 would fit in the Action Pack case and they said it was only for use with the 300. Silly me for accepting tech support's answer. Oh well.

Jason
    I just bought the Nutshell case, ordering it direct from mfg
    in New Zealand.
    http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/Treo-600_203.html

It holds the phone horizontal, vertical, or angled ... you choice,
    based on how you thread your belt through the belt loop.

It's *very* stable.

One problem: I'm forgetting to take it off and charge it ...
    it's so comfortable I forget I have it on.
    wow! the case of cases!!

i ordered one... belt clip, black, no flap.

thanks for the heads-up!

steve
    steve bell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast