1.    #1  
    Loving, the treo 600 with one exception:
    When the device is in standby, If a web or Vision app is launched, I get the "The page download could not be completed. Please try again later".

If I soft reset, and restart the wireless mode, I am able to use everything.

Of the web apps I use:

biz Conn
    dir asst
    handstory
    Mail - Handspring Mail
    pdaNet
    sms - not the Treo600SMS
    verichat
    web

non - web:

Acidimage
    bejeweled
    filez
    Galaxy
    Hearts
    Insaniquarium
    Kinoma
    klondike
    Lines
    Noah Lite
    Plant Tycoon
    PTunes
    Rally 1000
    SAndman
    UnDupe

Sometimes I am getting the "you have too many sockets open..."

Help?
    Gene
    If you have Biz Conn set to auto-check for email, then that might be the cause of the sockets error. I found that it was the cause of this error on my T600 - it never gave me that error before using it, and after disabling the auto-sync, I haven't gotten it again.

- Mike
  3.    #3  
    After posting I did just that, I looked at my email programs and made sure that the following two boxes were unchecked:
    Push messages to my device (this was unchecked) and
    'enable scheduled sync' (this was checked although a use custom settings was not checked and the smart power sync was checked.

Today, on New Years day, everything is working fine. As a side benefit, the power consumption on standby has reduced dramatically!!
    Gene
    Hoping someone can help me with the trouble I am having. When I first got my Treo I could log onto Aol.com and access my email directly from the website (as opposed through the Sprint link). Now, I can't seem to access my e-mail that way. I called the Sprint support and they said the Blazer browser doesn't support Javascript (need for AOL and MSN). With further research, it appears this new Blazer version does support Java.

When I try to log onto AOL, then screen name page just keeps refreshing, but with MSN it indicates something about "the cookies need are disabled". The browser settings indicate "accept cookies". Can someone help, as this is a bummer! Help!
    Originally posted by treo24
    Hoping someone can help me with the trouble I am having. When I first got my Treo I could log onto Aol.com and access my email directly from the website (as opposed through the Sprint link). Now, I can't seem to access my e-mail that way. I called the Sprint support and they said the Blazer browser doesn't support Javascript (need for AOL and MSN). With further research, it appears this new Blazer version does support Java.

When I try to log onto AOL, then screen name page just keeps refreshing, but with MSN it indicates something about "the cookies need are disabled". The browser settings indicate "accept cookies". Can someone help, as this is a bummer! Help!

treo24

i would delete the web cookies files from your treo.

you can use http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml

or from the delete app in the application launcher.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Thanks Felipe--

I will try both those things. Hope it works. So, am I correct, that the Treo should work on a site like AOL? As the Tech said "No".

Have a Happy New Year!!!

---D
  7.    #7  
    I had this problem with my yahoo profile as well. Go ahead and delete the cookies in the browser and start again and you will likely have no problem with the AOL
    Gene
    Hi All---

Thanks to you all for your words of wisdom. I emptied the cookies and the cache via Treo apps and Filez and it made my New Year's Day a definite celebration!!

Happy New Year's and hope everyone stays safe.

Thanks, D