1.    #1  
    I have read the posts about SPCS enabling SMS in 2004.

My co-workers use Yahoo IM. I can use my Treo 600 to communicate, but *ideally* I would like the Yahoo IM to come to me as an SMS message.

As an SMS message I can have the alert tone, enable the chat view etc. Most importantly is the alert when I am Yahoo IM-ed.

Is there another way to solve this issue of being alerted to an incoming Yahoo IM? All help is appreciated. Jeff
    Why not use Chatter or Verichat? SMS has VERY limited functionality by comparison.

Marc
    Originally posted by jeffcovert
    ...My co-workers use Yahoo IM. I can use my Treo 600 to communicate, but *ideally* I would like the Yahoo IM to come to me as an SMS message...
    You are implying that you IM using your phone without using Chatter or Verichat.

How?

Also, SMS limits you to 160 characters.

Also, also, Sprint will probably charge a monthly fee for SMS, the third party app Treo600SMS is a yearly fee (perhaps even a 1 time fee??)
    Just bought Verichat and Treo600SMS. Verichat was an annual fee and Treo600SMS is a one time fee.
  5.    #5  
    On my Treo600 at the Web home page is a link for messaging. Following that link I have used Yahoo messaging wirelessly. Works well.

There is no alert however and Verichat appears to achieve this capability. I assumed that Verichat was a Chat app which I guess IM could be included in that "category." Thanks
    Originally posted by jeffcovert
    On my Treo600 at the Web home page is a link for messaging. Following that link I have used Yahoo messaging wirelessly. Works well.

There is no alert however and Verichat appears to achieve this capability. I assumed that Verichat was a Chat app which I guess IM could be included in that "category." Thanks
    You need to get BOTH verichat and TreoAlertMgr from PDAapps. Verichat will send yahoo IM's via SMS when you're not in IM mode and TreoAlertMgr will act like a pager and alert you whenever you receive a sms...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions