1.    #1  
    Alright so recently I unfortunatly had to replace my treo 600 (thank god for the sprint equitment replace program). Unfortunatly I was on vacation when the problem occured and did not have any sort of back up app installed. I did however have a 512 MB SD card. So using FileZ I just copied *every* file from the treo onto the card. Unfortunatly I find that restoring isn't as simple as just copying everything back. First of all some files already exist and I have to delete the original but sometimes this causes the phone to reboot, some files like the version files seem to be automatically created when I copy etc.. etc..

Okay, so here is the question: Does anyone know a free (or at least a shareware app I can use once for free and delete) that would select the appropriate files out of the directory on the SD card and restore them. In other words I need a backup program that just keeps a directory of copied files and not some other format.

OR can someone tell me what files to copy to restore the following

Address book, favorites, web cookies, web preferences, date book. Basically all the major items I could just reinstall the programs but I don't want to reenter all the address or function without them until I return home and can sync.
    it would just be easier to make a backup of the whole device to sd card.

try http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...vfs_free.shtml
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Maybe I didn't explain myself. I have already done the copying and lost the original unfortunately...I just need to restore now.
    Originally posted by quale
    Maybe I didn't explain myself. I have already done the copying and lost the original unfortunately...I just need to restore now.
    oops sorry. so how did you move them to the card in the first place?

to get the stuff off the sd card and to the treo, you will probably need filez http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml, but this may not work if you used some type of backup program to moved them to the sd card in the first place.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Did you READ my post. I HAVE fileZ it's what I used to copy the files. The problem is that I CAN'T just batch copy the files back as some files exist and can't be deleted and other files are automatically created when I try to copy (usually 80byte files that seem to be version info or something).

If you know what files I should copy that would be great.