1.    #1  
    I installed Handspring's Mail client and am able to receive pop3 mail from my Roadrunner ISP, but I can not send mail. I asked Roadrunner for assistance, but they are clueless. Any help?
    I use the HS client and I have RR too. Mine works fine. I can check my RR mail no problem, but you can't sent with it (RR will not let you remote), you have to use Sprint's smtp server to send.

Do you have your RR username and password corrrect in the setup?

Do a search on this forum, there are several threads about the HS client and POP3 and RR.

Good luck, matt burkhard
    keep your incoming as RR.
    Make your outgoing (SMTP)server
    stmp.sprint.pcs.com
    make sure you have your PCS Vision email password in the Advaced tab under outgoing mail server

Note:
    On the Name tab, where is asks for your Email addy, use your RR one, as well as your RR username and password (I assume you have this correct, since you can recieve RR email, just not send)

This should set you up.
  4.    #4  
    Got it now.
    Thanks for all the help.

The key issue was getting the SprintPCS "E-MAIL" password into the SMTP password of the advanced tab. It's not the PCS Vision password - its the PCS e-mail password that you need to use. Took me a while to figure out that they were different.

Anyway thanks!

For anyone else having this problem... here's the thread that helped me solve it...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...rint+smtp.html
    isn't sprint outgoing mail address:
    smtp.sprintpcs.com
    rather than "smtp.sprint.pcs.com" ?
  6.    #6  
    Yes.
    Yes, my bad, it is "smtp.sprintpcs.com", I was doing it from memory.....

make sure you have your PCS Vision email password in the Advaced tab under outgoing mail server
    I guess I should have made this more clearer, sorry...

Matt :shortcut: