1.    #1  
    The hinge broke on my 300 2 weeks ago so I went down to my local Srpint store and got in line behind a 600 user. We started to chat and he saw my broken 300 and told me he got an upgrade because he had so many 300 failures. I told him this was my third Treo300, #1 simply died (garbage on screen) and #2 got a tab break on the LCD (lines that apper on the screen an progressively get worse with time and pressure).
    Anyway, this guy notices that the same guy who took care of him was now open and he introduces me and tells him my story.
    The Sprint guy says" I can give you another 300 or, if you're willing to wait a week or so we can mail you a new 600.
    I didn't have to think it over (especially since I could still operate the 300 using a hinge made of....DUCT TAPE!(no, I'm not making this up).
    Well this was two weeks ago today and I'm waiting by the door like my black lab when she hears my car. I put my daughter on as a new member on my plan and, while checking on her #transfer from T (as in Terrible)- Mobile, the service rep confirmed that I'd be getting my 600 (she could give me an ETA).
    So I'm still limping along with my patched-up "Frankenphone" but I'm not squaking at Sprint about my 600 for fear that they'll just cancel the 600 and give me a replacement 300.
    BTW- I've always used the $4 /mth Sprint replacement insurance policy.
    I'm so jealous!!! I've gone through 12 count em 12 Treo 300 all replace under warranty!!! Sprint refusued to upgrade me to a Treo 600. I've spoke to Sprint too many times-they will not budge! Sprint are a bunch of A-holes!!! The people at the store won't do it either. I'm dealing with Handspring directly right now. They seem more helpful. I have my fingers crossed. By the way, is this store by any chance in Los Angeles? Congrats anyway...
    > ...I've gone through 12 count em 12 Treo 300 all replace
    > under warranty!...

Your brand-loyalty and patience are truly impressive.
    I had to replace one, but that was understandable (I got hit by a car). Do you play ice hockey with your treos?
    ha! I don't play ice hockey with them. nor am I abusive in any way. let's try and go through them. the first couple died completely, a few had battery problems after the firmware upgrade, a few had weird splotches on the screen, one wouldn't charge anymore, a few had cracked screens, dead speakers, three maybe had cracked hinges... hmmm, is that twelve? a few maybe didn't need to be replaced (or maybe weren't covered under warranty [cracked screens]). Okay MAYBE I was a little "rough" with the last few because I was so sick of this damn mess & I really want a Treo 600! hehe... I need to know where this was that the original poster got his free Treo 600!
  6.    #6  
    I haven't gotten it yet...
    I'm in Louisville, KY.
    One thing i've noticed with Sprint, they're just like everyone else.
    Be professional, don't get beligerant, be assertively concerned and ask politely, explaining your situation, and you might get some traction in getting the help you need and want.
    I've done all the others, and (for me) Sprint has been the best.
    One last thing. I pay $120 per month on my plan (max# of hours and services) because I expense it with my employer. It may make a difference.. if I were a Sprint employee, I'd do my best to keep my profitable customers happy
    I have a bright spot in the upper left hand corner of my Treo 300 with bright lines similar to that described. I sent it to Radio Shack's repair center and to Handspring. 30 days later I was told it couldn't be fixed and I had to pay 150 to replace the handheld.
    I love my 300, but it sounds like this bright spot is going to get worse.

I never had any problems out of my Treo in the year I had it until this spot occured. I wonder if it is not related to the pressure from sliding it in and out of the hard waist clip.

I thought it was a bad design from the git go because it scratched up the sides of the phone every time I took it out and slid it back in.

Does the Treo 600 have a similar design?
    I still need an LCD Screen if I don't upgrade soon.
    take it to the Sprint store. They should replace it. They replaced mine when it had the same problem...
    I bought mine from Radio Shack and Sprint says it's in their court because I've had the phone over a year.
    a crap. how much is it passed the warranty? i've heard sprint replace phones maybe a couple weeks or a month out of warranty.
    The one year was up in November. I bought the extended warranty with Radio Shack. It sounds like I will have to escalate the issue.
    After escalation, the repair center has asked me to send the phone back to them so they can send me a refurbished phone.
    The lady says either Treo has to approve it, or her manager has to approve.
  13.    #13  
    Three and a half weeks later and I finally got the Replacement.
    Interestingly, I got a box in the mail with just one item, a "reconditioned" 600. I can see no difference between this one and a brand-ne one, no blemishes or any signs of wear. I took it into Sprint and the same rep who ordered it for me activated it. He went looking for software & accessories, but they had none. I wound-up downloading new desktopmgr/sync software from palmone's website.
    Even with the hassles of no CD or accessories, it's great having an upgrade.
    BTW- after just one day, I can see how the 600 is a vast improvement and refinement of the 300
    well congrats. I finally got word from handspring directly + they said they cannot upgrade me unless I pay $100 difference. That is utter & complete BS. I am at my wits end with this ordeal. Sprint won't help me either. They treat me like a common criminal for even considering asking for a free upgrade. I've been through 12 Treo 300!!! Arghh. I'm calling a lawyer. Class action anyone? Would I have a case?
    Originally posted by treoneo
    well congrats. I finally got word from handspring directly + they said they cannot upgrade me unless I pay $100 difference. That is utter & complete BS. I am at my wits end with this ordeal. Sprint won't help me either. They treat me like a common criminal for even considering asking for a free upgrade. I've been through 12 Treo 300!!! Arghh. I'm calling a lawyer. Class action anyone? Would I have a case?
    Oh man, they're offering you a $600 phone for $100? Wow, I'd jump at that ...
    actually I made mistale it is $200. $100 would be a little easier to digest. It's the principal. If you had gone through TWELVE Treo 300 replaced under warranty, I don't think you would be out of line to expect a free upgrade....
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Well, you already have the phone so you are over a barrell. I have found that going to a store can sometimes yield better results.

In my case they weren't sure that the problems I was having were related to my phone or some problem with PCS. Testing the phone proved fruitless.

All *2 would do is send me a replacement 300 or $200 would get me a 600. Even though it was not known whether the handset was the real problem.

Through the whole process (hours spent trying to diagnose te problems) I remained polite.

At the store I was polite, but I said the issue was going to be settled today. I used the terms "full refund" for the phone and "cancellation" of service because no-one could figure out what was going on.

I was given credit in the store that the *2 people don't have the authority to give.

My lesson - use the *2 to document problems (and ensure they are logged by calling back), but leave the negotiation to being in person.