Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have a half-dozen mail folders in Outlook that I would like sync'ed to an email solution on my Treo 600. For example, "Inbox", "Sent Items", "WorkMail", "Pubs", etc.

I tried Inbox-to-Go, but (as the name implies) I was able to keep exactly one folder in sync: "Inbox". No good.

SnapperMail is a cute email client when I'm on the road, but I really need to have access to my Outlook mail folders at all times.

Has anyone found a solution for this? If only Chapura's PocketMirror software could let me sync up my Outlook mail folders, and then provide a viewer on the Treo!

Thanks very much,
    -Jeff
    Originally posted by jishaq
    I have a half-dozen mail folders in Outlook that I would like sync'ed to an email solution on my Treo 600. For example, "Inbox", "Sent Items", "WorkMail", "Pubs", etc.

I tried Inbox-to-Go, but (as the name implies) I was able to keep exactly one folder in sync: "Inbox". No good.

SnapperMail is a cute email client when I'm on the road, but I really need to have access to my Outlook mail folders at all times.

Has anyone found a solution for this? If only Chapura's PocketMirror software could let me sync up my Outlook mail folders, and then provide a viewer on the Treo!

Thanks very much,
    -Jeff
    I use IambicMail to sync outlook mail to my treo600. http://www.iambic.com/mail/palmos/

Iambic's support for Treo600 d-pad navigation needs improvement, but company claims to be improvign it in near-future releases. The mail app also comes bundled with the "pro" version of Iambic's Agendus product
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dnheller

I use IambicMail to sync outlook mail to my treo600. http://www.iambic.com/mail/palmos/
    Thanks for the tip!

I downloaded and checked out iambicMail. It works to sync a predefined set of Outlook folders; namely, Inbox, Outbox, Deleted, Filed, Draft, Sent. However, I cannot get it to sync to arbitrary Outlook mail folders, which is what I'm looking for. Is there a trick?

Also, I had the app soft-reset my device a few times here and there.

This is closer than SnapperMail and Inbox-To-Go have come to syncing arbitrary Outlook mail folders!

Happy New Year,
    -Jeff
    Originally posted by jishaq

Thanks for the tip!

I downloaded and checked out iambicMail. It works to sync a predefined set of Outlook folders; namely, Inbox, Outbox, Deleted, Filed, Draft, Sent. However, I cannot get it to sync to arbitrary Outlook mail folders, which is what I'm looking for. Is there a trick?

Also, I had the app soft-reset my device a few times here and there.

This is closer than SnapperMail and Inbox-To-Go have come to syncing arbitrary Outlook mail folders!

Happy New Year,
    -Jeff
    How about Intellisync... web site seems to indicated multiple email boxes...

http://www.pumatech.com/is_desktop_main.html
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    I think Pocket Mirror Pro will do what you want (there are 2 versions of Pocket Mirror). I used to have that to sync my Exchange Server with the Palm Pilot, as plain Pocket Mirror just sync's your Personal Folders file it seems
    Pete
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I just tried the latest version of Basejet and it allowed a syncing of any email folder I had in my Outlook app. It also allowed accepting new appointment requests, push email, etc. and was only around $40 or so for the first year. I'm sticking with Sprint Business Connect but Basejet looked promising.

-bostonGuy
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dnheller

How about Intellisync... web site seems to indicated multiple email boxes...

http://www.pumatech.com/is_desktop_main.html
    I forgot about this Pumatech! I just tried out their Intellisync product, and I must say it's the most promising offering I've seen to date. It does indeed support syncing multiple arbitrary Outlook mail folders to my device.

The only problem is, their conduit(s) only recognize Palm's "mail.prc", and something called Mobile Mail 3.5.5, neither of which I have.

They indicated that they would be supporting VersaMail "soon," meaning they are working on a conduit that can pipe email to/from VersaMail's proprietary DB format on the device. No word on SnapperMail, which is my email client of choice thus far.

Too bad there's not a universal standard for email message DBs on the Palm device, because people like PumaTech then need to support dozens of mail clients' proprietary mailbox DB formats in order to offer people like me a robust solution. This is looking pretty bad at this point!

Thanks for the help!
    -Jeff
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by PeteEMT
    I think Pocket Mirror Pro will do what you want (there are 2 versions of Pocket Mirror). I used to have that to sync my Exchange Server with the Palm Pilot, as plain Pocket Mirror just sync's your Personal Folders file it seems
    Hey Pete. I have Pocket Mirror Pro 3.1.6, but it only syncs with the built-in Palm PIM apps: Calendar, Contact, ToDo, Memo.

I am realizing that a fundamental problem to my quest is that there is no standard, built-in email program on the Treo 600.

This means that someone developing a conduit to do what I want (sync arbitrary Outlook mail folders to my device) has to 1) figure out which Palm email clients to support, 2) figure out how each client represent email messages internally, and 3) test, support, and maintain conduits each time a new version of any support Palm email client comes out. I think I'm hosed, because this problem quickly becomes intractable.

-Jeff
    Originally posted by bostonguy
    I just tried the latest version of Basejet and it allowed a syncing of any email folder I had in my Outlook app. It also allowed accepting new appointment requests, push email, etc. and was only around $40 or so for the first year. I'm sticking with Sprint Business Connect but Basejet looked promising.

-bostonGuy
    Hey BG,

Do you know if it's possible to make a VPN connection through something like Mergic VPN and then sync to Basejet?

I have investigated a few palm email clients, and IMNHO BaseJet is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above all the others when it comes to User Interface Design. Basejet designers have managed to squeeze the approprate info into the small palm screen without making it feel like its JAMMED in. So many others try to jam in so many columns that you get like 3 charachters in each column. Kudos to the BaseJet designers! (I hope the Mergic idea works...somebody please indicate if this is possible).