Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the maximum size SD card for the Treo? I want to know if a 512 meg card will work?

Anyone?
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650
    Sure it will!
    That's the biggest memory card available currently. There is a 1 gig coming I think sometime first quarter '04.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    my 512 works like a dream, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  4.    #4  
    What app do you use in conjunction with the SD card for multi media?
    As above, so below

Originally posted by Calverta
    What app do you use in conjunction with the SD card for multi media?
    Depends on if you are talking Audio or Video. For audio, PocketTunes is the best way to go, hands down.

For Video, I have used both Kinoma and MMPlayer. Kinoma works well, and has a simple (although costly) converter. I stopped using Kinoma and switched to recently. It has gotten stable enough, and Divx files are usually around 30% smaller than their Kinoma counterparts. This translates to "I can get between 4 and 5 feature length movies loaded onto my 512Mb SD card". But word of warning, if you go the MMPlayer route, expect to have to become an expert at video conversion. Kinoma is simpler, but you pay for the simplicity with file size.
  6.    #6  
    So I got the SD card and its in. I got Pocket tunes "free" as my registration gift....now How do I put music onto the damn thing?
    As above, so below

7.    #7  
    OK use the install tool :-0
    As above, so below

OK use the install tool :-0
    glad you found that. :-)

there are two better solutions. get an sd card reader or get card export . both are faster in getting the songs over.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Can you share some more info about your experiences with video? I am wondering if this is a fruitful direction to go with a T600 and a 512 meg card. The thought of watching feature length video from an SD card is appealing.

Have you ever installed multiple feature films on an SD card? If so, what is the process for installing them? (Is it done by "ripping" them from DVDs in a similar way MP3s are copied from CDs?) How fast does watching video drain a T600 battery? Is image quality good?

Thanks!
  10.    #10  
    glad you found that. :-)

there are two better solutions. get an sd card reader or get card export . both are faster in getting the songs over.

I just got on card export's web site - treo 600 is listed as a device NOT supported. Have you used it with the T6?
    As above, so below

I just got on card export's web site - treo 600 is listed as a device NOT supported. Have you used it with the T6?
    yes. i found no issues. I used it couple of times. the last time was two days ago to move some mpg videos over to sandisk card.

and no, i dont play the mpg videos on the treo
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Anybody used card export with Windows 98? Website says 2000 or XP is required.
    Costco is advertising the Sandisck 1 GB SD card for $211. Would this work in a T600?
    Originally posted by rdt7
    Costco is advertising the Sandisck 1 GB SD card for $211. Would this work in a T600?
    Where did you see that? The bigest card I saw was a CF card for $219.99
    http://www.costco.com/images/ProdIma...rod/467128.jpg
    Costco CF 1.0 Gig

The biggest SD card I saw was a 512 one going for 159.99
    http://www.costco.com/images/ProdIma...rod/756949.jpg
    Costco 512 mb SD card
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Yikes, I'm an *****. You're right, its a CF card.
    No harm, no foul. However if you figure out how to work it on a T600 we would all worship you... sort of...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Sandisk has a picture of a 1 GB SD card on their website. Nothing else, just a picture. It must be in the works.
    1 GB sd card $500?
    Posted by: Druce MacFarlane

This translates to "I can get between 4 and 5 feature length movies loaded onto my 512Mb SD card". But word of warning, if you go the MMPlayer route, expect to have to become an expert at video conversion. Kinoma is simpler, but you pay for the simplicity with file size.
    I downloaded MMPlayer and played a few videos that were recorded from my digital camera and they seemed very choppy and sometimes froze all together.

Is the playback of your videos smooth? If so what sort of compression settings did you use and with what codec?

Thanks,
    TechDude
    Originally posted by rdt7
    Sandisk has a picture of a 1 GB SD card on their website. Nothing else, just a picture. It must be in the works.
    http://www.sandisk.com/download/phot...D1GB_thumb.gif
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast