1.    #1  
    whats the difference b/t the two? Can I have Cingular on my Handpring Trio? (not sprint)?

I dont know much about cell phone or services, sorry for the dumb question.

How about the vm features for cingular, can I forward all callers to VM if i want to?
    There are two different flavors of Treo 600 - The Sprint (CDMA) version and the ATT/Cingular/T-Mobile version (GSM). They are not interchangeable. In addition, some (but not all) GSM phones are locked to a specific carrier.

The big difference between Cingular and T-Mobile is the data plan. T-Mobile is far cheaper. T-Mobile has not yet announced the Treo 600 but people have been reporting success with unlocked Treo 600s on the T-Mobile system.

Treo 300s are Sprint only. Treo 270s are GSM only.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
  3.    #3  
    so cingular doesnt have an unlimited internet plan like t-mobil? I was told it was the same thing, the big difference is the roaming( what ever that means).

I am so phone illiterate
    Originally posted by godfather
    so cingular doesnt have an unlimited internet plan like t-mobil? I was told it was the same thing, the big difference is the roaming( what ever that means).

I am so phone illiterate
    Last time I checked Cingular did not have an unlimited plan - highly recommended for a Treo. (Sprint and T-Mobile were the only ones to offer unlimted but there are rumors of an ATT offer in the near future) . "Roaming" refers to using a phone outside of your home area or network.

Cingular does sell some sort of limited "internet access" that is not the same as the real thing - it is basically "wap" access to a small number of specially formatted sites.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

Cingular does sell some sort of limited "internet access" that is not the same as the real thing - it is basically "wap" access to a small number of specially formatted sites.
    f*ckin sucks,

thanks a lot
    I use Cingular and found they have an unlimited program. In my market, Seattle, WA it is79.00. T-Mobile is cheaper BUT it is WAP, not unlimited internet.
    Originally posted by abacusnw
    I use Cingular and found they have an unlimited program. In my market, Seattle, WA it is79.00. T-Mobile is cheaper BUT it is WAP, not unlimited internet.
    No... The unlimited T-Mobile internet plan costs $19.95 and is NOT WAP. It allows all tcp/ip ports . (Really... I have it, I know...)
    Originally posted by abacusnw
    no, the T-Mobile plan for $19.95 is full internet. They also have a "T-Zones plan" that is either $4.95 or free (depending on voice plan) that is much more limited.

Surprised you can get an unlimited plan from Cingular. When I checked, that wasn't available in my area - not that I would ever pay $79 a month for it anyway - my 3000 minute regional plan plus unlimited internet from T-Mobile is less than your data plan alone ($49.95 plus $19.95 - but no free long distance or roaming).
    I was wondering if you might be able to comment on the quality of the Cingular and/or T-Mobile networks in the Seattle area where you indicate your from?

Thanks,
    David L. ellis
    Originally posted by dellis67
    I was wondering if you might be able to comment on the quality of the Cingular and/or T-Mobile networks in the Seattle area where you indicate your from?
    They are probably identical as they share the same network.

Cingular has a bigger pressence on the west coast and tMobile on the east.

tMobile phones on the west coast roam on Cingular networks and Cingular phones on the east coast roam on tMobile networks.

There was even talks of a limited merger/partnership between the two companies.