1.    #1  
    If all goes well, I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday in the "City of Lights," and it would be great to have some tourist information loaded onto my VDx...

Anyone know where I can look for Vindigo-type information on local shops, restaurants, cultural events, walking/subway directions, etc. -- written in ENGLISH?

I haven't been able to find any international Vindigo sites, but if they exist, the information's most likely in each country's native language...

Anyway, please let me know!
    The Time Out guides certainly used to be available on PalmOS... I seem to remember finding the link on their site a few weeks ago, but a cursory glance right now didn't lead to a URL I could give you. Take a look at www.timeout.com... It's on there somewhere.

One thing you should definitely use is Métro, an app for navigating most subway, tram and bus networks in major cities. It's a great way to navigate around the Paris Métro, which is certainly the cheapest way of getting about town. Get it here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tatami/Metro/MetroI-en.html

Have a good trip in Paris. Feel free to PM me if you want some good restaurant tips!

DS
    Damn, I thought you were talking about Paris Hilton!
  4.    #4  
    dshirley, thanks for the tip on Metro -- I assume it's in English. I'll try to download when I get home. That program sounds like it would be useful to have for New York, too -- Vindigo, great as it is, doesn't really help you actually navigate the transit system...

derek985, yeah, info on the Hilton would be better than nothing, I guess, but I'd prefer a listing of ALL hotels (rates, locations, phone numbers), as well as restaurants, nightlife, major points of interest, etc...

Well, if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
  6.    #6  
    Oh, that's some actress or model, I guess...? Maybe she's related to the hotel people. I'll have to Google her.
    Originally posted by derek985
    Damn, I thought you were talking about Paris Hilton!
    She IS a beautiful girl!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by leojbramble
    Oh, that's some actress or model, I guess...? Maybe she's related to the hotel people. I'll have to Google her.
    Hahaha, you've never heard of Paris Hilton? "Paris the Heiress" is first-born in the latest generation of the Hilton family, of swanky hotel fame. Fat trust fund aside, she is also known for being a high-society party girl, part-time model, and quasi-actress.

Paris was born February 17, 1981, to Rick and Kathy Hilton, making her the great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, founder of the Hilton hotels and source of the family fortune -- estimated at $300 million. Paris' younger sister, Nicky (born in 1983), shares the throne as co-heiress of the Hilton empire.

Paris sets the standard for the wealthy, twenty-something socialites of the 21st century. Her privileged upbringing as heiress to the Hilton millions and her whirlwind itinerary of partying make her seem like a perfect subject for Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

IMHO, she's perfect.

Here's a couple more pics for those who care...

Paris 1
    Paris 2
    Paris 3

...and also, I'm sorry I sorta hijacked your thread.
    Last edited by derek985; 12/31/2003 at 01:28 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Ye Gads! Tons of Google hits! Although, strangely enough, from the few I've clicked on, it doesn't seem that she's ever really DONE anything to warrant all the seeming interest in her... Oh well... fame in the 20th Century, I guess.

BTW, you'd think that with all that money, she could eat a bit better...

Anyway, anyone with tips on getting information on the REAL Paris (no offense, derek985) onto my Visor, please let me know.
  10.    #10  
    dshirley, that Metro program is INSANE! Beats Vindigo's 'Directions' feature hands down! Thanks for the tip!
    Originally posted by derek985

IMHO, she's perfect.
    and she i making 9-10 mil on her own this year.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  12.    #12  
    Oy! Ok, no offense, people, but enuf with the celeb commentary. I should never have allowed myself to get diverted into any conversation at all about that non-entity -- it seems people are strangely fixated on her... And I keep coming back to this board thinking I received an actual response to my original request! Think Visor, people! VISOR!

Maybe I should re-name this thread -- is there any way to do that? HELP!
    Some links for tourist guides:

ChoiceWay Guide to Paris: http://www.choiceway.com/

Zagat to Go covers Paris restaurants: http://software.zagat.com/zagat/Prod...spx?Platform=2

Should get you started, at least!

DS
  14.    #14  
    Sweet! Exactly what I needed. Thanks much!