Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have had my Treo 600 since they first came out in October. I migrated from a Treo 300 and after last nite I hate it. I have been on hold with Sprint off and on. Here is exactly what happened.....

After months of bragging to others how good the Treo 600 is and how much it does. Now im limited to just phone since PCS vision will not work and no fix in sight. Last nite I synced my phone and decided to disconnect from the network. When I tried to reconnect I began to get ERROR 3000: Network is busy. Granted I gave the error the benefit of the doubt and chose to leave it till tomorrow. My wife has the same phone treo 600 and hers was working. Today I have yet to get the error to go away and all sprint tech support has to say is keep trying. Eventually it will get back on. I have read horror stories and now feel im getting sucked into one myself.

Customer service rep went as far as to say I needed 4 bars of signal strength to be able to connect. (WHAT THE F*CK??) I began to explain I have connected in the past with no bars so this isnt a good excuse. All in all she basically opened a trouble record and said for ME to call back in 72 hours if its not working.... I have gone to sprint stores and all they say is give it time since reprovisioning seems to not work. All this while customers walk in buy a phone and the same rep is claiming just how good and reliable PCS vision is.

I hate to say this but im very disappointed with Sprint. I live in Miami, Florida and have had them for 8 years. Not once can I say they have treated me wrong. Im one who cannot afford to be without email and sms while out and about. Two of my friends who owned treo 600's ended up switching to GSM cus of this. I will give it time.. but if nothing occurs or changes I shall do the same.

Any others out there experiencing this same or similar fate?
    Last edited by damigs; 12/30/2003 at 11:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I to haven't been able to connect to pcs vision for over 3 weeks now. Sprint technical support has not been helpfull at all. Everytime I call i get the same basic troubleshooting steps and the same explantions on what error: 3000 means but still no fix for it yet. I also live in south florida and its getting to the point that I'm getting tired of sprint and willing to give up on the treo 600 and move on. I'm stuck like you ... Right T-mobile looks good right now.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    To elaborate on my post. Earlier to day I was in downtown Miami and my phone started to work. This is roughly 20 miles away. Low and behold once I return to my area it stop working. I have reason to believe it has something to do with the tower and network im on.
    Hi.

I had the same problem. I could travel outside my area and connect fine, when returning to my home area I would get the error 3000. I spent hours and hours on the phone with Sprint support, tried everything under the sun: soft/hard resets, manually inputting network settings, etc.

After giving up I rec'd a replacement phone and it works fine. I haven't traveled outside this area since receiving the new phone and I'm actually afraid to do so. I think it may be a network issue specific to the Treo 600.

I hope you are able to get your problem resoved.

WildBill
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply bill...

Now my ear speaker will not work for whatever reason. Im the type of person who takes good care of my items especially my treo6. I can only use my treo 6 by using speaker phone. Im also noticing as if something is loose inside cus I hear a raddle every so often. I took your advise after spending hours and hours with sprint CSR's and they are finally gonna mail me out a replacement phone. I have yet to be able to connect to PCS VISION since Monday unless i commute north or south a few miles.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that when I connect my replacement phone that everything behave normal again. I surely do miss my Verichat and SMS capabilities.