1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have the big problem, that there is an ugly noise during the phonecalls on the other side.

I hear nothing. Only my phone partner hear this.

Is it an probem with the microphone.

Can somebody help me ????
    Yes I have this horrible buzz problem too and Im really fed up.

Callers also complain that they get my answer machine even when my Treo is connected!!

Do you have a UK Orange Treo 600?

Would be interested to know if the serial number is anywhere close to mine "*****3382****"

I can confirm its not solved with a firmware update either, so I supsect there are faulty parts!

I'll be exchanging my unit again after the xmas holiday.
    Got my 600 and returned it within two hours. The loud noise sounds like a freight train horn to listeners, although as the caller you cannot hear it.

This was not a UK version as far as I can tell. Hopefully it was just a bad unit. Looking forward to the new 600 to ship - it was a very cool machine for two hours.
    I have same problem, - It's a loud buzzing noise. this seems to happen when my screen is on. When I use sandman and darken the screen...the noise goes away.

This is not good!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by azmike
    I have same problem, - It's a loud buzzing noise. this seems to happen when my screen is on. When I use sandman and darken the screen...the noise goes away.

This is not good!
    How can i dark the screen during a phonecall ?
    is sandman a tool for the treo ?
    I started having the buzz problem too not long BEFORE I upgraded. Silly me thinking the upgrade would help. If anything it's gotten worse since.

Also, I've noticed an annoying problem with the phone going into "sleep mode" while I'm on a call. When this happens, I can't hear my caller, and my caller can barely hear me. I have to press the display light button (soft button #4) and put in my password to get my call back to normal again. I don't have any special software installed to dim the display while on a call either.

Still love the darned thing, but it's just plan annoying sometimes. Any input from the crew here?
    Last edited by ccrochet; 05/28/2004 at 06:32 PM. Reason: some of my original was truncated when posting from my Treo via the wap version.
    -C