1.    #1  
    Well??

There are none in stock in my area that are listed for the 600.
    Hi,

I bought this online,

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=SUAK1HSTR300

very handy as you have it all: USB, Car & Wall.

Bye,

Ton
    I use the car charger I got with my treo 300 to charger-up my T6. I have not had any problems yet.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    When I went to every sprint store in ATL looking for a car charger for my T6, and no one had one, I went to CompUSA and bought a charger for the Treo 180,270,300 and it worked like a charm! Best of all it was on sale too! I was pissed because some of the sprint stores I went to had Treo 300 charges in stock! So any Treo charger should work!
    some of my exp.
    when I returned my 300 I forgot to give them the charger and it fit the 600 so I used it. It seemed like it took ALOT longer to charge but so what. then I started haveing probs with my first 600( reset on its own, and battery life seemed short). well I returned that one and my new one came with a warning NOT to use the 300 charger. don't know if that caused the prob or not but that was my exp.
    When the first Treo600's started showing up people on these boards were reporting hard resets from using the car chargers designed for other Treo's. Others had their units completely fry.

Personally I wont use anything but OEM when it comes to power and charging.

There are tons of Handspring OEM car charges on ebay like this one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29847

BTW I have bought from that seller and highly recomend them.

There are also lots of the ones that you don't want like this one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48668
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    What is the problem with the USB type chargers? I have one somewhat like the one you linked to, but it has a retractable cord. So far (knock on wood!) it has functioned properly.......
    My old 180g chargers (car/wall) work fine with my T600.
    Was I the only one who got a slip of paper with their Treo saying which car chargers were acceptable? It also had a warning on it to use only officially licensed SD cards with SD card logos on them.

It specifically stated that the car charger bundled with the T300 would NOT work.

As far as other Treo chargers... no idea, beyond looking at the diagram they sent me.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I used the one bundled with the 300 and it works just fine.

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoe
    My old 180g chargers (car/wall) work fine with my T600.
    Rufo,

I bought my T6 from Best Buy on Nov. 12, 2003. I did not get any papers saying not to use T3 chargers. I could be mistaken but I thought that at Comdex 2003, Handspring said in some interviews that that T3 and T6 chargers would be compatible. Does anyone else recall this or any other calms?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Is there a consensus on weather or not to use the Treo 300 car chargers? I assume that it is OK to use the Treo 300 home chargers with the 600.

Thanks.
    Sorry for the poor picture, but I have a hard time getting a good one with the T600 camera - this is the best I got. It should hopefully be enough.

This is the card I got with my T600 - it says that the pack-in one I got with my T300 was not safe to use. I don't know why - perhaps the voltage is too low or something?

The connector that it says is safe is the exact same one on the T300/T600 wall charger, by the way.

If you folks want a better picture I'll try and scare up some AAs and the necessary stuff to get my real digital camera working.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I got the same warning paper in my Treo box. I figure if they're going to the trouble of doing this then there's probably a reason for it.
    FWIW
    I didn't have any trouble withmy 600 until I took a trip in my car. It was a 3 hr. ride and I was plugged in to my 300 car charger. Shortly thereafter the hard resets started. Couple that experience along with the warning that's in the new packaging and I wouldnt be using the 300 car charger.
    Went to the sprint store for charger. The one they have is labeled for treos 300-600 I asked them about useing it on a 600 and they sais no problem
    Yes, I think the ones that are compatible with the 600 are compatible with all other Treos, but there are a few that worked with the older ones that don't work with the 600 (such as the original T300 charger included in the box).
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I have the one included in the box for a 300 I bought from sprint. It does not look like the charges that are pictured in that insert and it does work.

Originally posted by rufo
    Yes, I think the ones that are compatible with the 600 are compatible with all other Treos, but there are a few that worked with the older ones that don't work with the 600 (such as the original T300 charger included in the box).
    I have the one included in the box for a 300 I bought from sprint. It does not look like the charges that are pictured in that insert and it does work
    What is your definition of work? I bet it is highly different than handsprings/palm ones engineering dept/warranty dept definition of work.

Just because the charge indicator lights up and it appears to be charging, does not mean you will not have long term problems due to incompatible source voltage or some other unknown reason.

THere are already reports in this thread that the t300 chargers seem to work, then they give hard resets and have possibly fried some units.

THen hs specifically budgets the creation of a flyer to go in the boxes warning you of the dangers of using a t300 charger.

If it were me i would be sure to cut the end off the t300 cables (so no one can accidentally plug it into my t600) then i would throw them away and order the OEM t600 specific car charger for $9.99 which buys a lot of piece of mind.

Seems like a no brainer to me
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS