1.    #1  
    i just got new treo 600, using it with t mobile
    any ideas which program to buy is appreciated( sorry if subject was already been discussed)

thanks for any input
    Originally posted by lite blue
    any ideas which program to buy is appreciated( sorry if subject was already been discussed)

thanks for any input
    well, you can trial the software and see which one you like the best. I was using verichat which works well and is ez to set-up, but never liked the idea of an annual fee.

right now I'm using chatopus which does aim, yahoo, icq and msn. quite a bit harder to set-up than verichat, but once it's done and you find a good stable jabber server, it works great!!
    I have both Verichat and Chatter. At this time I use Chatter exclusively. They both accomplish instant messaging efficiently; their methods are different and the philosophy is different - goal is the same though. Chatter also handles email in a slightly limited fashion; it is not a full mailer and if you need a full mailer, I suggest Snappermail.

Anyway, Chatter is designed to work with the Treo 600 and it does it very well. The author, Marc Blanc, has got it working with IMAP servers that support "IDLE," which produces "push" email. it works! As email hits the IMAP server, it is pushed to the Treo within a very short period of time. The sending of email out from the Treo is accomplished via a POP SMTP account (your phone provider or other provider). I use Yahoo as my SMTP server and it works well (there is an annual fee for it though).

Verichat uses the more traditional "buddy" list; Chatter has a user definition setup and it is in this setup where a contact's screen information and email address is populated.

Verichat has an annual fee; Chatter does not have an annual fee.

There's more, just take a try with them both. You will probably need help setting Chatter up - it is the only Palm program that made me read the manual. Gotta read the manual.

Another thing - support with Chatter is better than Verichat.

Ben

----------------------

Originally posted by lite blue

thanks for any input