1.    #1  
    Do the shortcuts (text feature) work on the treo 600, I tried entering some of the default shortcuts in my email and sms , but non seem to activate after I type the shortcut. I may be doing something wrong or else this feature is not enabled on the 600. Does anyone know the answer ? Thanks,
    In order to use short cuts you must have either Jot or Graffiti Anywhere. To the best of my knowledge, you cannot activate short cuts from the keyboard. You can do a search on Jot and Graffiti and you will probably find favorable comments about both. I use Jot and like it.

Good Luck
    Originally posted by TurboTiger
    In order to use short cuts you must have either Jot or Graffiti Anywhere. To the best of my knowledge, you cannot activate short cuts from the keyboard. You can do a search on Jot and Graffiti and you will probably find favorable comments about both. I use Jot and like it.

Good Luck
    Actually, you need neither Jot or Graffiti Anywhere. From the keyboard and in a program that accepts text input...type S or s, then ALT, then scroll to the shortcut character (cursive l), then press CENTER, then type your shortcut identifier. See pages 23-24 of the generic (Cingular) manual.
    73 de K3SLS
    So much for a "shortcut"!

I use bullets (option 8 on a normal keyboard) a lot in my calendar program.

Using Shortcuts, it takes me 7 taps to generate one character (s,alt,down,down, down,select,o).

Without Shortcuts, it takes me 6 taps (option,s,alt,down,down,select).

Sheesh.
    Graffiti Anywhere fixed this for me. I edit way too many Word and Excell files to use the OE LongCuts....
    K3SLS

Tks for the great tip. I know many on this forum didn't know this.
    Tks Again
    Guys, I'm trying to get of shortcuts: in Dutch, the word wel is often used, but when I type it, it changes to we'll. Any thouhgts?
    It seems bizzare that they chose to put the 'shortcut' symbol as the last option under alt-s rather than the first.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Maybe something like TextPlus would be helpful for some of you.

This is the blurb about it off palmgear's site:
    "TextPlus is a Palm OS enhancement that can significantly improve the speed and accuracy of text entry on your Palm device. TextPlus supports intelligent dictionary-based suggestion of words and phrases to speed up your text entry. When you enter one or more letters of a word or a phrase in any Palm application, a list of words and phrases that start with these letters is displayed. When you tap on any of the words or any of the phrases, your choice is automatically inserted at the current cursor location. One unique feature of TextPlus is its frequency-based intelligent search engine, which chooses only frequently used words and phrases for suggestion. The frequency of each word and phrase is updated automatically as you use TextPlus so that the speed and accuracy of your text entry would increase over time. TextPlus is comprised of two major components: the TextPlus text editor allows you to enter long sentences and paragraphs and then paste them to other Palm applications (copy is done automatically), while the new TextPlus Anywhere (TM) technology allows you to use frequency-based word and phrase suggestion in any Palm applications."

The most recent version supports the Treo 600